Looking for new friends and interests

Im looking for new hobbies and also I hope to make new friends doing this, i fancy playing either tennis, squash or badminton, if anyone is interested in showing me how to play any of these sports as i have no real idea about how to play apart from the obvious hiting things with rackets :) let me know:)

Hiya

How about field athletics? Javelin, shot putt, hammer (my favourite) and discus.

Its really great fun and brilliant for getting fit, plus you can do local competitions and league matches. I took it up about eighteen months ago and have made loads of new friends and found a hobby I absolutely love. Summer is fab as we go to lots of meets which are as much a social occasion as they are for sports.

Its with Hallamshire Harriers, we train on a tuesday at Woodbourn Road track at 6pm and 10am saturday.

:) Alex

Hi Alex.

Can anyone go along? I'd quite like to get into something like that, although i'm not some kinda 18 yr old whippet.

I'll do some tennis training with you depending on where you can get to etc.?

-Michael

Hi Alex.

Can anyone go along? I'd quite like to get into something like that, although i'm not some kinda 18 yr old whippet.

Hiya

Yeah cause, I'm no spring chicken and certainly no whippet!

We're a real mixed bunch from teens to fourties. Its just about having fun and enjoying it. You don't have to be any good, Im not great but I love it and thats whats important. Competitions are best, a fab day out and even better when you get to stand on the podium at the end of it :)

Come along on Saturday morning and have a go, were at Woodbourn Road stadium from 10am till about 11.30

Hope to see you soon

:) Alex

Hi ALex

WOuld it still be possible to come along and try this, or is it too late in the season to start? I'd be a beginner, although I did do some field stuff at school (looong time ago now though!) I'd like to try something different and I did used to enjoy it!

Thanks!

Shauna

Hi Shauna

You can come and have a go whenever you like, a few of us are beginners too.

We have started a new session down at the EIS on Fridays at 5.30 till 7, and will also be outside at Woodbourn Rd on Thursdays and Tuesdays at 6. We usually train on a Saturday morning too but might not be there this week as we have our first competition on Sunday, yay!

Our first league match is on the 3rd of May, you will be very welcome to come and have a go at a competition. You don't need to have any experience as its all about having fun and getting a point or two for the team. I always end up doing javelin for the league which I cant do for toffee, but its always a laugh trying and I get a point for effort! :D

Hope to see you soon

Alex

Thanks very much Alex! I'm off on holiday for a week from tomorrow, but hopefully I'll see you down there some point after that!

Looking forward to it

Shauna