Positive things about Rotherham

Good things about Rotherham

The fact that it is still mainly made up of a number of “villages” rather than urban sprawl.

You can shop in the town centre for grocery items without having to go into a national chain store.

It is a fairly harmonious Town Centre from an architectural Point of view.

The Minster is the best church of its particular style probably anywhere in the world.

There is incredible potential for growth of smaller scale businesses that can create variety and vibrancy.

It is starting to get on the right road to becoming a really special town centre.

Bet you'd all rather live in Rotherham than Barnsley!!!!......And before the insults come my way, I'm not a Barnsley lad!.....I'm not even from Yorkshire!

Bet you'd all rather live in Rotherham than Barnsley!!!!......And before the insults come my way, I'm not a Barnsley lad!.....I'm not even from Yorkshire!

Why live in Dee Dar Land then? (Barnsley).. Even Doncaster's better IMO (better shopping centre).

I'm a guitar teacher from Rotherham (based in Bramley)

I think Rotherham has alot of good points, especially RCAT where I recieved a Diploma in Music and then went onto Leeds college of music to get my Degree. The town needs more of a live music scene though cos thats what is really lacking at the moment.

p.s

I am looking for more students in the Rotherham area.

If you are interested in guitar lessons then contact me on 01709 730812

Positive things about Rotherham

It's near Sheffield.

oh hang on..... scratch that! ;)

Rotherham gets a lot of bad press. There was a "phone in" lately on one of the radio stations and they asked people to call in who could list some positive things about Rotherham, but I missed them. Can anyone help me out here?

I went to Parkgate last weekend and was impressed at the quality of the stores there. A big improvement on the previous visit about 8 years previously. Bought a printer from PC world priced at £80 on the stand, got to the till and somehow much to my great satisfaction it had been reduced to £30, very happy....not a keen fan of Rotherham as a whole through.

Rotherham gets a lot of bad press. There was a "phone in" lately on one of the radio stations and they asked people to call in who could list some positive things about Rotherham, but I missed them. Can anyone help me out here?

The best things in Rotherham are the roads that lead out of it.

Im not really sure why some small minded people on here have such negative comments to make about an entire town. Its very pathetic. There are good and bad housing areas in ALL places. I like Sheffield for some reasons, Rotherham for some reasons and most places ive visited I like for other various reasons. Whiston village is beautiful and puts most places in sheffield to shame, how can you slag that off? There are a few lovely housing areas in Sheffield as well. There is good and bad in all areas. Rotherham is smaller so its all relative. Clifton park is the best park for miles around, and thats not just my opinion people from miles around have been coming for many many years. Parkgate is a lovely outdoor shopping area. The transport links are good. The town centre where the fountain is is very pretty and although cant compare with the peace gardens its a million times better than the moor or castle market area. There really are some narrow minded stupid people on this forum.