Deterring dogs from fouling outside your house?

Sick of all the dog mess outside my house, does anyone know a good way of putting them off (without resorting to air rifles, supersoakers and sonix boxes)? :rant:

You'd get a better response to this if you posted in the Pets group.

Simplest solution would be to get a pet that dogs would be scared of. That's why I have a tiger roaming free in my garden.

I'm a dog owner who takes people who let their dogs crap anywhere to task about it,it's the owners you need to have a go at,there is someone on my street who lets their dog do it at the end of my drive all the time,one day i will catch them and the balloon will go up so to speak.

Create an invisible time tunnel in the area outside your house that instantly transports any dog fouling the pavement 237 years into the future.

I've tried all sorts of things from shops thats supposed to deter dogs/cats but am trying my own mix of stuff now. Put a mixture of white or black pepper with some chilli powder in a sandwich bag, shake it together and sprinkle it on the grass/area thats they are messing. Seems to upset there sense of smell.

And btw I have had dogs all my life which I clean up after, dont see why I should put up with other peoples dogs mess.

Something strong smelling.Dogs go their own scent or other dogs scent.Even though some dog owners pick the poo up the scent is still there.I did a post a few weeks ago asking why people walk their mutts to defacate in front of other properties.Obviously anything said against dogs and owners they immediately go on the attack.Quite a few people had a go at me but none actually told me why.

Spray some neat Jeyes Fluid around the area - but be careful not to get any on your skin. If the dogs are with their owners get some photographic evidence and threaten them with prosecution...the threat should be enough.

Something strong smelling.Dogs go their own scent or other dogs scent.Even though some dog owners pick the poo up the scent is still there.I did a post a few weeks ago asking why people walk their mutts to defacate in front of other properties.Obviously anything said against dogs and owners they immediately go on the attack.Quite a few people had a go at me but none actually told me why.

I walk my dog round to the local fields.

He doesn't normally do anything (he usually saves it until we get home and goes on our garden where I clean it up and put it in the chemical dog loo I've dug in the ground).

One occasion recently, half way there, he squatted outside someones house. When he'd done, I bagged it up to throw away in the dog bins on the local field, and walked on.

The owner came out and had a right moan about it - along the lines of 'how would you like it if it was on the grass verge outside your house'.

I wasn't planning on my dog doing it there, I wasn't walking him past this chaps house purposfully for my dog to do it there, and when they start you can't stop them.

Any advice?

I walk my dog round to the local fields.

He doesn't normally do anything (he usually saves it until we get home and goes on our garden where I clean it up and put it in the chemical dog loo I've dug in the ground).

One occasion recently, half way there, he squatted outside someones house. When he'd done, I bagged it up to throw away in the dog bins on the local field, and walked on.

The owner came out and had a right moan about it - along the lines of 'how would you like it if it was on the grass verge outside your house'.

I wasn't planning on my dog doing it there, I wasn't walking him past this chaps house purposfully for my dog to do it there, and when they start you can't stop them.

Any advice?

Would one of these help?!