Anyone remember rock band - Panza Division ??

wrong panza division was called rokka before they changed there name. glenn marples being the singer. bitter suite was called prisoner far a short time.

Are you sure it wasn't Roccoco?

Yeah Panza Division, saw them a few times, Glen Marples was the front man, i saw them when they supported Y&T at the Marque in London

Panza Division morphed into the Lonely Hearts, also fronted by Glenn. I remember a single - FM Fantasy I think - and saw them several times at various venues. Drummer was Bubbles, who I believe died a year or two back, bassist Andy Fisher, can't remember the other guitarist's name

The other guitarist was Rick Corcoran, Glenn now lives in Ibiza ( I´m currently sat at the side of him ) Steve Mitchell (Bubbles) passed away a few years ago. Andy Fisher is still playing with his band "Charlie Don´t Surf"

Glenn is still active in the music business, look at his website for information - www(dot)glennmarples(dot)com

Big Steve

(Sort of...) re-union gig at the Boaldwalk, Sunday Oct. 24th - in support of "Help a Child Have a Chance" and the memory of Dave Kilner and Chris Heaps (roadie to the stars and mate to half of the rock bands in Sheffield). Glenn Marples, Andy Fisher (Lonely Hearts), Andy Barrott (Geddes Axe) and Alan Bark (Seventh Son) will be playing Panza Division/Lonely Hearts songs and some new stuff that they recorded recently for Glenns' solo album.

Thanks for the links happyhippy , that was a real blast from the past , come to think of it the first gig I went to was Saxon at the city hall , think it was Wheels of Steel tour , can't remember the support band but may well have been them - good times !!

I was also there bought the t-shirt, programme etc lol.

The support band that tour was a band called

lautrec a bristol based hard rock band according to the prog,but can't remember,

too busy in bar lol . Great times.

Remember them playing the KGB on Abbeydale road a couple of times.

I have photos from when Panzer Division played in Hillsbro' at the Sheffield Show. Must have been '77 or '78 as the headliners were Def Leppard.

One of the great never-made/missed opportunity albums must be concerning Ponders End (not sure if there should be an apostrophe).

They were, as I'm sure some of you of a certain vintage will recall, a splinter band from Bitter Suite. My friends and I saw them play Crookes Workingmen's Club and they ROCKED. Upset the toothless beer & bingo mildew crowd. These guys meant business. After they'd come out of the dressing room we spoke to a couple of members. Said how much we'd enjoyed the set and we were convinced they were meant for Bigger Things. They said that they were due to record an album in Germany. We rubbed our hands in anticipation.

To my knowledge that never happened. Shame.

So.....anybody know any Ponders End members?  Any gig photos exist? I used to know a bloke called Jan Kaminski. You remember him. A big lad that took all the photos down the front at City Hall gigs. Lost touch when he moved to Chesterfield. Bet he'd have an absolute treasure trove of local band photos as well as the big name acts. I bought a few things off him through the years. Shots of The Runaways, the Strawbs, the Bureau, Bryan Ferry.... Not seen him on the scene for the longest time so I'm speculating he may have passed.

I think my mate Jeff was a   roadie for them at one time .

Jim.