The Yorkshire Paranormal Society

Once you get a few investigations under your feet its amazing how many investigations you end up getting through out the year, If you want any advice on anything paranormal please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Then soon you will be doing places seen on most haunted like us: Station Hotel Dudley, The Ancient Ram Inn, The Skirrid Inn and many many more.

Happy Hauntings

We no longer pay to visit large famous buildings as they charge very high prices so you have to take a lot of people and carry a hefty insurance to cover these people against accident. This means that you cannot carry out an accurate investigation of the building as there are too many people moving about, which defeats the whole purpose of being there. The only time we do these sort of buildings now is if we are invited there for free (as we are on a few occasions). We have been to most of the bigger venues and a lot that Most Haunted have been to but find that many of these are just money making ventures (a real shame). We now concentrate on places that other people have not been to and venues that we are called out to because there have been reports of paranormal activity. We tend to work in small groups 3 - 5 people using a lot of night vision cameras and audio equipment, which we find a lot more productive than having the extra 'bodies'. This is just our preference drawn from our own experiences. You have to decide for yourselves what route you want to take.

All the best, Bren

Thanks guys for such a warm welcome and all the advise.

I must admit i did not expect anything like the kind responce we have received from other paranormal teams.

I do have a question though, I have been advised to get some training and a qulification run by these guys

THE SCIENTIFIC ESTABLISHMENT OF PARAPSYCHOLOGY

and

Manchester's Association of Paranormal Investigators & Training

I'm not convinced, and would like to know if any other team has such things and if so where from??

Thanks

:)Hi Guys!! I wish you every sucess in your venture. You will probably find that you will have to go out and find a few locations to get you started. We still going looking for new sites/venues on a regular basis. We do get quite a lot of people contact us to do investigations in private houses etc. but mainly because we have been going a while now. In fact we have an investigation tonight and one on Tuesday. I am sure that all the other paranormal groups out there will agree with me that if you want to do regular investigations you will have to look for them (there are plenty out there). We have been lucky enough to find a few places where things have happened that we can't explain away to natural causes, I hope you find such a place. All the best and 'happy hunting' .Regards Bren:)

Hi can you clear your pm box please, ive sent you a pm x

This year the Haunted Realm Paranormal Investigators will be visiting some of the most haunted places in the UK “As seen on Most Haunted" The Station Hotel in Dudley, The Ancient Ram Inn, The Skirrid Inn and more will be added very soon and we have loads of FREE Investigations lined up in our local area of Sheffield and Rotherham so if you would like to become a member of HRPI for free,then fill out our online membership form http://www.haunted-realm.com/membershipform.htm

:thumbsup:HRPI

Thanks guys for such a warm welcome and all the advise.

I must admit i did not expect anything like the kind responce we have received from other paranormal teams.

I do have a question though, I have been advised to get some training and a qulification run by these guys

THE SCIENTIFIC ESTABLISHMENT OF PARAPSYCHOLOGY

and

Manchester's Association of Paranormal Investigators & Training

I'm not convinced, and would like to know if any other team has such things and if so where from??

Thanks

It depends if you are doing this as a hobby or a business really. I think the best possible experience is gained from your own trial and error. I always say 'make sure you really enjoy what you are doing before paying out any large amounts of money'. My own experience was 'hands on' with The Society of Psychical Research, The Institute of Physiological Studies and the Society for the Study of Physiological Patterns many years ago in London for which I only paid an annual membership fee and from doing 'house clearing/investigation for several years.

In other words: try a few investigations before deciding whether you need any training. Just be sensible and don't take any unnecessary chances safety wise.

Bren

I agree that you should enjoy investigations too they should always be enjoyable like us at the Haunted Realm Paranormal Investigators we get together as friends too and have nights out. We at HRPI are a non-profit group we only ever pay the locations owners the amount of money that they require for us to go investigating we never charge more than what we are required to pay we split the cost equally between ourselves and our members as we understand that people including ourselves cannot afford to pay over the odds when attending investigations. All our investigations are chosen at our meetings and are put forward by our members and are voted on so we get the locations that our members want to investigate. As for training i myself am taking Manchester's Association of Paranormal Investigators & Training course it is a fantastic course and definitly worth taking.

We really hope you enjoy your investigations in the future good luck with everything:)

Thanks again everybody.

It is more of a passion then anything else, but who knows I may like to turn it into a business in the future?

So what’s the oddest thing you have experienced?

I'd love to have our house investigated I've seen many things happen I#d be wary of making things worse though

ive been interested in ghost since the day i saw my father after he died,i was very young so put it down to that of a young mind why i saw my father,anyway ive been doin some investagating as ive got older and there seems to be a very big group outthere who love to find ghosts,iam 1 of them,so ive been out in the dead of night searching,i must tell you all that if you go to beachieff abby after midnight you will deff see something,also at a place called packman lane,trust me you will need satnav 4 that 1,also stocks bridge by pass,i was very disapointed with that 1,if you do decide to go to any of these sites please let me no how you go on,many thanx wayne.

Thanks again everybody.

It is more of a passion then anything else, but who knows I may like to turn it into a business in the future?

So what’s the oddest thing you have experienced?

It is a passion of mine definitly and it is something i wanted to do even from a young age, i have always had a keen interest in all areas of the paranormal and always knew at some point i wanted to investigate paranormal phenomena. :) i have experienced so many different things and to be honest i couldn't say which is the oddest as most of my experiences have been quite odd lol:o

(Kirsty from HRPI) aka Bwitched

Hi can you clear your pm box please, ive sent you a pm x

Will do, thanks x