Castle Black Belt Academy

I don't know if anyone knows much about martial arts, but maybe someone can help me out.

I go to Castle Black Belt Academy in Sheffield. It seems VERY EXPENSIVE, and there seems to be FAR MORE belts to go through than anywhere else.

I've looked around on the internet at various clubs and centres and almost everywhere offers grading for about £5-£10 MAX including the belt.

Castle Black Belt Academy charges £20 per grading!! and the belt system is:

White

White & Red

Red

White & Yellow

Yellow

White & Orange

Orange

Green

Blue

Purple

Brown

White & Black

Black

and that lot will cost you a meer £4600!!! over 3 and a half years

that's for 2 hours per week

does anyone else think it seems odd???

Cheers

Ninja25

You only have to run a few searches on here to see that their contracts have been under discussion before!! :o

I have found it easier to escape from a double glazing salesman than I have these guys.

how some one can become a black belt in three n a half years by going once a week is beyond me!

Seems a bit unfair to knock this business to me.

The fact that its got many members must prove its a good club.

No one is forced to sign up.

Loads of threads on this already:rolleyes:

I don't know if anyone knows much about martial arts, but maybe someone can help me out.

I go to Castle Black Belt Academy in Sheffield. It seems VERY EXPENSIVE, and there seems to be FAR MORE belts to go through than anywhere else.

I've looked around on the internet at various clubs and centres and almost everywhere offers grading for about £5-£10 MAX including the belt.

White

White & Red

Red

White & Yellow

Yellow

White & Orange

Orange

Green

Blue

Purple

Brown

White & Black

Black

Cheers

Ninja25

My kids go to G K R karate international and there grading is £20 also.Plus they have to pay an extra £3 i think for the belt.Not too sure on the belt system though

The place is a BUSINESS , figure it out . There are few and far between decent martial arts clubs around at the moment . However there is a club in Dronfield called Hunter Martial Arts , one of a few left that actually put the martial arts before ripping people off.

My kids go to G K R karate international and there grading is £20 also.Plus they have to pay an extra £3 i think for the belt.Not too sure on the belt system though

The belt system should be thesame as any other place . You have to EARN the belt not buy it . There are hundreds of so called black belts walking the streets at the moment that can't even throw a decent punch .

I used to go to a Wado-Ryu karate place on London road quite a few years back now. It was such a rip off! I can't remember how much the lessons cost but each grading was 25 quid and they made you buy 60 quids worth of protective sparring gear that I used twice in the year that I was there!

The belt system should be thesame as any other place . You have to EARN the belt not buy it . There are hundreds of so called black belts walking the streets at the moment that can't even throw a decent punch .

I know they have to earn the belt first, but what i was saying was, when they have done there grading, to go onto the next belt, they also have to pay for that belt aswell as paying for the grading.

White

White & Red

Red

White & Yellow

Yellow

White & Orange

Orange

Green

Blue

Purple

Brown

White & Black

Black

Cheers

Ninja25

As said earlier castle bba have beend mentioed once or twice before. I'll summarise the threads on castle bba for you… They are a rubbish, money grabbing business, instill faulse confidence in people and teach, on the whole, teach poor standards of martial arts. Pretty much the same as GKR really, although not as wide spread thankfully.