Car Bodyshop Help...

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who runs a car bodyshop could help me?

I had a light restoration carried out on my vehicle this summer, in the recent wet weather all the areas which were painted have come out in macro-blisters (lots bigger than micro-blisters!!!). It is only these areas which are suffering.

Previous to this the car had to go back for paint correction 3 times as first the colour wasn't right, then he missed bits and finally he left marks in the lacquer which I made him buff out. Finally the job was done and all was well. It was a bit of a faff but I was happy with the end result.

This wasn't a back street garage either, it was a bodyshop which is known for classic car restoration and the work didn't come cheap. I took the car back to him to show him the macro-blisters but he refuses to correct the problem.

I have spoken to trading standards and they have advised me to obtain a techinical report from another bodyshop and write him a letter containing the report giving him 30 days to do something about it.

Would anyone be able to help me out with the technical report please? I am guess it will need the technical reasons why micro-blistering occurs, and what it would cost in your professional opinion to fix the problem.

I am distraught having saved up to make my pride and joy look gorgeous only for it to need doing all again. :cry::cry::cry:

I can't help but jeez it must be soul destroying after so much money and effort.

Go down to tinsley park road darnal near mayflower engineering go and see a bloke called phil he owns bramhalls auto body shop 01142434373 he can sort you out :thumbsup:

I can't help but jeez it must be soul destroying after so much money and effort.

Yes I am devasted even considered parting with the car. :cry:

It isnt uncommon for paint to blister if the car has been covered up. Trapped moisture does this. Best advise dont cover them up.

It isnt uncommon for paint to blister if the car has been covered up. Trapped moisture does this. Best advise dont cover them up.

It shouldn't do it if the job has been done properly.

Skatiechik if you're prepared to travel to Ripley look up Clements Bodyshop. They've done 2 of my cars and Graham is a perfectionist. They usually do repair work but take on modified cars and other stuff and their work is second to none. He'd be able to take a look I'm sure.

Thanks probedb.

Phylis it hasn't been covered anyway.

Got a quote for repair still struggling to find a professional who is willing to give me their written opinion.

Please anyone help?

Got a quote for repair still struggling to find a professional who is willing to give me their written opinion.

Please anyone help?

give my husband a call on 07941640652 he has been in the buisness for 30 years..