360, Wii or PS3

The PS3 and 360 are almost identical in power/graphics/sound.

Its the games that make a great console, the 360 has better games, the 360 is the better console.

End of.

Its the games that make a great console, the 360 has better games, the 360 is the better console.

End of.

Well said!

I'm actually quite mixed about whether I want this to happen because I do like F1 but I don't own a PS3 (nor want to own one), but EA is the spawn of the devil and always go for style over substance. It would be nice if F1 games were multi-format though, just preferably not in the hands of EA.

Yeah... out of the frying pan into the fire with the publishers... Well at least it will have a good sound track :hihi: if nowt else

Yeah... out of the frying pan into the fire with the publishers... Well at least it will have a good sound track :hihi: if nowt else

Out of the Frying Pan? It's been done mate, Meatloaf did the song on Bat out of hell II in the mid 90s.

Out of the Frying Pan? It's been done mate, Meatloaf did the song on Bat out of hell II in the mid 90s.

I said a good sound track :hihi: last thing you need when gameing is his voice comeing at ya!! :gag:

Didn't Rich say 'good' games :hihi:

If your into non-arcadey driving games Gran Tourismo is excellent, I tried the Xbox equivilent Forza but whilst it was good it was not excellent.

End of.

Actually - that's not true, hence universities and now the military buying PS3s for their computing power. The reason that PS3 games generally look so similar to X360 titles is that the PS3 can be trickier to develop for. The X360 is basically a PC and has an 'easy' library of tools compared to PS3. So to get the most out of a PS3, you need more time and money and so developers and publishers would prefer not to spend that extra cash since that extra investment doesn't net anything on the back end.

However, it's the games that make a console and the X360 does have more 'great' games if only by virtue of volume.

As I've said before, if I had to get a console right now, I'd get the X360. I'm lucky enough to have both (and I had a Wii before I decided I wouldn't use it). I love my PS3 for Uncharted: Drakes Fortune, Ratchet and Clank and Heavenly Sword - all great platform exclusives. I also think it's a wonderful Blu-Ray player and use it as my main source of movie entertainment.

The only places in the world where the X360 leads as a format are the US and the UK. Out of the two systems, PS3 dominates elsewhere. The Sony brand is all-powerful in mainland Europe...and currently, the Wii is set to kick both their derriers.

Gran Tourismo

I've owned all of the ps1 and ps2 versions and the lack of damage to cars makes Gran Turismo a bit lame tbh. It bills itself as a simulator yet almost every race can be won by bouncing off walls, going around corners too fast so you understeer into a barrier and end up sliding round the corner against the barrier or by waiting for the car infront of you to brake for a corner and slaming into the back of it (causing you to slow down perfectly for the corner and other car to go flying off the track). On most tracks driving like this will reward you with quicker lap times than playing it "properly".

For the addition of damage alone I'd take Forza over GT, it makes a huge difference to how you play the game and how "realistic" the game feels (plus the range of cars on Forza is far superiour to GT, especially when it comes to European supercars).

Sony's license ran out in 2007. EA own the license for 2008 and have already announced that it will be released on PS3 and Xbox 360 (no announcement of pc - yet). Lewis Hamilton has reportedly signed a £5million deal to be the "face" of the game.

Good I am glad to see EA have got the F1 games back.

The sony made games were bloody awful.

At present this does seem the the case, if you look at the 360's ratings (http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews90983.html) compared to the PS3's (http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews90984.html) this is more than apparent as the 360 also has 4 times as many reviews. :(

But, am I wrong in thinking this will soon change due to the late demand in BluRay?:huh:

End of.

The Playstation 3 is vastly superior in terms of power, graphics and sound compared to the XBOX 360. The only difference is that the cell architecture is completely new for programmers and developers to take advantage of.

For example, the XBOX 360 was built on current PC processor architecture, handled by a dual core (maybe there's 2 x dual core processors) which means coding and developing games is similar to doing it on the PC.

The great difference in gaming will come when developers learn to use the 7 cells (I know there's 8, but one is redundant to increase chip yields) for seperate processors. For example, one cell could be used for sound, one for the environment, one for the character, one for the enemies etc. This would result in truely groundbreaking games.

The biggest problem is that the PS3 doesn't control enough market share to give the game developers a big enough incentive to invest in this new architecture, so as the PS3's price falls and they sell more, you'll see alot better games.

The XBOX 360 has a great catalogue of games, but when the XBOX 360 was released, buying a PS2 for the same reasons would have been justified.

PS3 will win the war in the long term too as Wii users will more than likely migrate to the PS3 as appose to the XBOX.

At present this does seem the the case, if you look at the 360's ratings (http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews90983.html) compared to the PS3's (http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews90984.html) this is more than apparent as the 360 also has 4 times as many reviews. :(

But, am I wrong in thinking this will soon change due to the late demand in BluRay?:huh:

yes,no, it depends on what you call soon,

the playstation 2 survived for a long time past its bet before date imo. as it was cheap, chipable, and had tons of games

what simpytimpy said is true, but its always a bit of a trade off between losing money and having the 'best' games console, as there is always an overlap where dominance is handed back and forth between machines, this is where all the 'which is best, arguments come from way back to the nes/ master system/snes so on and on.

i'm not a sony fan in any way but I've a sneaking suspiscion that i'll be buying a ps3 before the year is out if unreal 3 is a sign if things to come.