360, Wii or PS3

How old are you?! 5?! Even I'm not THAT fanboyish! Bloody Sony zealots! All the same! :loopy:

And thats why you'll never be admin or mod here.

I have decided, after already saying that I will go for the 360, that I am buying the PS3, I have looked again at lots of different sites and came to the conclusion... :huh:

That the PS3 will be the best buy as it will be more of an investment as well as a great gaming machine. :hihi:

For example, BluRay is becoming more and more popular and looking at the market I can see it becoming more in demand as HD Dvd's will seem to be written out as BluRay has been bought in.

I think if I was to go for the 360 I would find myself buying a PS3 in a year or so considering all the latest DVD and Games Companies are moving more and more towards BluRay...:suspect:

Does anyone agree with me here?

Thanks again for all of your input!

Not really. Had both and thought the 360 was better.

Microsoft will soon announce an add on Blu Ray player -I am sure of that. HD DVD is dead - they have no choice.

Microsoft will soon announce an add on Blu Ray player -I am sure of that. HD DVD is dead - they have no choice.

Well, in my opinion the 360 and PS3 will always be in battle, which I suppose is a good thing as they will constantly be bettering each other.

But, if your comment is correct then for me the PS3 is actually the best choice to go for considering it will be more of an investment... as you do not actually know if Microsoft will bring out a BluRay version, I suppose they may and probably will do, but as of when and for how much is still a question. Therefore if you consider the present state of both consoles the PS3 is more appropriate as even you have quoted HD DVD is dead, therefore I recommend anyone looking to buy either the 360 or PS3 to go for the... http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews90984.html

You get the idea...

Thanks,

Pete

There's no "investment" in buying a PS3 because of it's DVD player.

XBOX 360 Arcade: £40 off now £159.99...

The drop in price is because the 360 is not worth buying anymore...

Surely the Ps3 is the obvious choice, as I said before... HDTV out, BluRay in... And that is what I meant by an investment, by comparing it to the 360.

.. HDTV out,

The 360 can do this I believe.

BluRay in... And that is what I meant by an investment, by comparing it to the 360.

I still don't understand why people (not just you) seem to be putting so much importance on blu-ray player in the PS3 when comparing the 2 machines.

Surely as a games machine the more important question should be 'do you like the games on the respective platforms?'

...the 360 is not worth buying anymore...

Purely based on lack of blu-ray?

Blu Ray can kiss my arse.

PS3 has ZERO good games that aren't out on other formats...

The 360 can do this I believe.

Correct, but there will soon be no use of HD as BluRay will be taking over it...

Surely as a games machine the more important question should be 'do you like the games on the respective platforms?'

Most definitely, I was simply just including the aspect of BluRay in my argument of why I feel the PS3 is the obvious choice between the two machines. If I am honest the 360 has a better range of games, but in my opinion when BluRay takes over more game makers will be wanting their platform to be with the PS3 as in my opinion that will be the console everyone will want...

As quoted before the 360 has dropped in price so rapidly recently, obviously because of the threat of HD soon being useless, in my opinion Microsoft are trying to sell as many 360's now whilst they are so cheap before BluRay takes over and everyone wants the PS3, including Game Makers...

Correct, but there will soon be no use of HD as BluRay will be taking over it...

Maybe I'm not understanding terminology correctly then...

360 has HDTV connection. This is not the same as saying it has HD-DVD but just that it is capable of driving a HiDef signal to a compatible TV.

Wether the input comes from HD-DVD, Blu-ray disc or download, is irrelevant.

...Obviously because of the threat of HD soon being useless, in my opinion Microsoft are trying to sell as many 360's now whilst they are so cheap before BluRay takes over and everyone wants the PS3, including Game Makers...

Nothing to do with simple marketing that a cheaper console should sell more = more market penetration?

I think you're reading too much into it.

I think you're reading too much into it.

Not at all, it is very simple -

1. HD Compatible Games and DVD's are no longer being produced and there is no use for HD as BluRay is now taking over it... the PS3 offers a BluRay DVD player (Simple?)

2. The 360 has recently dropped in price, I am simply making a theory that this is due to the fact that 360 offers HD compatibality and there will soon be no need for it.

That's all. For me it makes more sense to buy a PS3 due to this, this is just one aspect of why I am choosing the PS3 over the 360 and I was simply stating one reason in my previous post.

I don't understand your confusion?