360, Wii or PS3

My fave thing about the 360 at the moment is that I can watch anything which is on my my laptop on my HD TV wirelessly, by sending it through my 360, no cables required.

So if you have lots of media on your PC/Laptop, then 360 really does come into it's own.

My fave thing about the 360 at the moment is that I can watch anything which is on my my laptop on my HD TV wirelessly, by sending it through my 360, no cables required.

So if you have lots of media on your PC/Laptop, then 360 really does come into it's own.

That works the same on the PS3 too - it is what I use my unit for the most at present (got a lot of TV to catch up on). It's a very useful function for the consoles to have as it saves the need to burn off onto disk or transfer to usb stick.

That works the same on the PS3 too - it is what I use my unit for the most at present (got a lot of TV to catch up on). It's a very useful function for the consoles to have as it saves the need to burn off onto disk or transfer to usb stick.

What program does the PS3 use to do this? Is it a Microsoft thing like Media Centre, or a PS3 designed program?

If you set software on your PC, such as media player, to act as a media library then any other machines connected to your wireless (or cabled) network can share the files. The PS3 detects any local media servers (including Azureus bizarrely) and allows browsing through them. I actually twigged on this when I was on my PS3 and it showed that Azureus was running on the network - after that I played with media player to share folders.

To set Windows Media Player up as a media library, go into option, click the library tab, and then 'configure sharing' to recognize devices on network to share with, and then 'monitor folders' to select which folders to share.

I am still to test iplayer and 4OD to see if they can stream to the PS3.

In addition, the PS3 menu allows to browse the files by type (picture, music, video), category, artist, album, rating etc (so basically any tags on the file), or simply by folder (my preferred choice - I know exactly where to look for each file) which branches off like your PC folder set-up.

PS3 is the Future. Because HD-DVD are not being made anymmore so its gonna be blu ray all the way through. So 360 sucks. Cos there is not going to be any movies for it so it pointless

:roll:

My brother downloads HD movies straight from Xbox Live for a fraction of the price of a Bluray disc. Microsoft will be bringing out a Bluray player addon for the xbox too, they have already stated that. If its films you want, get a bluray player. I use my PS3 for games as does my brother with his xbox 360. The ps3 doesn't have many good games, certainly not as many as the xbox. Why does the xbox 'suck' anyway? it has a standard player built into it for games, they never put an hd dvd drive in it, it is an optional add-on if you want one. If you didn't want a movie player for it, you don't have to shell out a fortune to get one. At least they made it a choice instead of forcing it on you.
At last!! Someone who knows what they are talking about!!:clap:

Not really.

1. Microsoft have not committed to a bluray add-on for the Xbox.

2. How long does it take to download a HD film?

PS3 is the Future. Because HD-DVD are not being made anymmore so its gonna be blu ray all the way through. So 360 sucks. Cos there is not going to be any movies for it so it pointless

Sounds like you want one of these:

http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4QQK&SearchType=1&CategorySelectedId=11038&SearchTerms=blu+ray&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=11038

Not a games console.

How old are you?! 5?! Even I'm not THAT fanboyish! Bloody Sony zealots! All the same! :loopy:

From what I gather between the two consoles I very much agree, I just wanted a second opinion on the matter, and considering the two consoles are both in your household you have given me just what I needed.

I cant find a reason to buy a PS3? Even people who have one also agree... as I've also been looking on my trusty review sites - http://www.reviewcentre.com/review326282.html

Is there anyone that can consider me to get a PS3 over a 360 before I get payed and go for the 360?

Get a 360 it seems you have reason to want one unlike a ps3.

I have a ps3 and I love it probably the best impulse buy I have made in a while. It has the games I like and want to play (even if you can get some of them on the xbox aswell). Thats why I bought it really to play the games I want to play everything else it offers is just a bonus. People can argue between the differences of the xbox and ps3 til the cows come home but they are both pretty much similar if not the same in what they have to offer.

Guest Mod_Man

I would just like to say Xbox 360 every time, it's such a great set-up, x-box live is really good.

I would also like to comment on this media centre malarkey, PS3 and Blu-Ray seem pretty good and Xbox 360 seems to have it's own very good set up where you can just download the movie. However, seeing as I have no need for HD, I find the best media centre is the old Xbox with XBMC, it costs around £40 and plays anything and does most things. No machine out there has, in my opinion, come anywhere near XBMC for sheer functionality at such a great price.

I have decided, after already saying that I will go for the 360, that I am buying the PS3, I have looked again at lots of different sites and came to the conclusion... :huh:

That the PS3 will be the best buy as it will be more of an investment as well as a great gaming machine. :hihi:

For example, BluRay is becoming more and more popular and looking at the market I can see it becoming more in demand as HD Dvd's will seem to be written out as BluRay has been bought in.

I think if I was to go for the 360 I would find myself buying a PS3 in a year or so considering all the latest DVD and Games Companies are moving more and more towards BluRay...:suspect:

Does anyone agree with me here?

Thanks again for all of your input!

Personally, I don't doubt both have some great games/will have more great games coming all the time.

Personally I'm not bothered about the media the games come on - so long as the games are fun ;)