360, Wii or PS3

Silence earthling!

:hihi:

You must admit they have the look of a cross between a George Foreman grill and a shiny Betamax video player ;) .

I have no bias; I'm happy as long as I can play Tomb Raider and don't much care if that's enabled by Microsoft or Sony :hihi: . For someone as relatively technologically challenged as me, this thread looks like it'll be informative about the pros and cons of each .

For someone as relatively technologically challenged as me, this thread looks like it'll be informative about the pros and cons of each .

It's certainly the most unbiased and even handed material i've ever read on the subject :D

The Playstation 3 is vastly superior in terms of power, graphics and sound compared to the XBOX 360. The only difference is that the cell architecture is completely new for programmers and developers to take advantage of.

For example, the XBOX 360 was built on current PC processor architecture, handled by a dual core (maybe there's 2 x dual core processors) which means coding and developing games is similar to doing it on the PC.

The great difference in gaming will come when developers learn to use the 7 cells (I know there's 8, but one is redundant to increase chip yields) for seperate processors. For example, one cell could be used for sound, one for the environment, one for the character, one for the enemies etc. This would result in truely groundbreaking games.

The biggest problem is that the PS3 doesn't control enough market share to give the game developers a big enough incentive to invest in this new architecture, so as the PS3's price falls and they sell more, you'll see alot better games.

The XBOX 360 has a great catalogue of games, but when the XBOX 360 was released, buying a PS2 for the same reasons would have been justified.

PS3 will win the war in the long term too as Wii users will more than likely migrate to the PS3 as appose to the XBOX.

There is no "long-term" to win. The Xbox has won before it's latest reincarnation appears within a couple of years. The short-termism of including Blu-ray to win a different war will come home to roost for Sony as there's not much potential of further price cuts of any significance.

Wii users are more likely to migrate to the 360. The recent price-cuts were a double-edged attack by Microsoft. Getting the entry-level 360 Arcade £20 cheaper than the Wii (and a ridiculous half the price of the PS3) will ensure that.

The £100 nicker difference between 360 Premium and the PS3 is bad enough. PS3 may sell a few more but not nearly enough to overtake the 360 established base before 360 2 comes into being.

Update.

Been Payed

Bought PS3

(Flat mate bought the 360)

I personally prefer the PS3 and he prefers the 360.

Therefore I conclude, and I am sure many will disagree that there will be a constant battle between both Microsoft and Sony. As far as I am concerned whatever they will next produce, one will better the other in one aspect but another could be worse. If that makes sense. Anyway, want to thankyou all for your input, would also like to thank http://www.reviewcentre.com/consumer_reviews8.html as it has been a great help and would recommend it to anyone else.

PISTOL!