360, Wii or PS3

Xbox 360 all the way, got the best games, the best online service and will be the no.1 nextgen console.

To me it looks like sony made a massive mistake marketing a games console as a blu-ray player. Because of this and the lack of a decent online service and its lack of sales, it will be heading down the same slippery slope that sega went down!!

the wii controllers are the easiest to get the hang of

Are you sure of this? :suspect:

I have heard many stories from lots of sites that they are becoming increasingly hard to get hold of, so much so that the Wii controllers are actually rare?

I cant strongly argue this point, however due to me reading many reviews, for example - http://www.reviewcentre.com/review310820.html

(sorry to Floyd77 as I believe he think's I am a spammer, this is not true... just found this site very helpful :help:...)

If you read the bottom line of this review, he also states this, and he seems to know what he is talking about... :confused:

Anyone know where I can buy Wii Controllers from, as before buying the console I want to make sure I can get hold of some.

Thanks again for all your help as the Wii seems to be widely accepted as the best :P

My apologies PistolPolo - didnt mean to put you off.

Please, link away to your hearts content!:thumbsup:

some wii's on amazon at the moment ;)

Just ordered the Wii of AmazonUK, and I bought the Wii Play and Wii Sports with it, so I will have 2 controllers which should be enough...

We will just take turns and if it gets too boring... of to the pub!

Thanks all for your help, been great advice and I'm thinking about getting the PS3 in the future, maybe look about on Ebay?

Would also just want to recommend http://www.reviewcentre.com/consumer_reviews8.html to anyone else who has the same choice problem as I have found this site very helpful as quoted in the my other comment (made a few descisions on other products here too thats why I am such a big fan)...

I will let you know how the Wii goes down this weekend!

Thanks again :)

For social gaming, particularly with people who are not regular gamers, I'd recommend the Wii every time. It's the cheapest, the wii controllers are the easiest to get the hang of and it's got the best multi player pick up and play games.

One game I'd recommend, regardless of which system you buy, is Guitar Hero. Excellent fun at parties and post pub gatherings.

ive heard people raving on about guitar hero, i might have to check it out

it doesn't really matter which console you get, wii is fantastic for social stuff it's the games you be sure you go out and buy SingStar. I invited the people in the other flats of the building around for a sing and we ended staying up till 4 in the morning crooning our heads off and one went out and bought the same system as me the next day. (Which is a ps3 btw)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guitar-Hero-Legends-Wireless-Controller/dp/B000X1BF2S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1202387752&sr=8-1

I am thinking about ordering the Guitar Hero with my Wii as the items have not yet been dispatched...

However, £59.99!

Is this really worth the money? I suppose what I am asking is, what is the best game for the Wii? After paying a stupid amount of money for a Wii, two games with two controllers I don't fancy spending that much on what could not be the best game.

Any information would be great on this game or it's competitors :)

Thanks a lot guys.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guitar-Hero-Legends-Wireless-Controller/dp/B000X1BF2S/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1202387752&sr=8-1

I am thinking about ordering the Guitar Hero with my Wii as the items have not yet been dispatched...

However, £59.99!

Is this really worth the money? I suppose what I am asking is, what is the best game for the Wii? After paying a stupid amount of money for a Wii, two games with two controllers I don't fancy spending that much on what could not be the best game.

Any information would be great on this game or it's competitors :)

Thanks a lot guys.

Yes, I would say in this case it is worth it. I played Guitar Hero at a friends house and the next day went out to buy a second hand PS/2 and the game so I could play it (that was the only system it was on at the time). If you ever wanted to be in a rock band or played an air guitar along with your favourite track then this game is for you.

Guitar Hero = overrated IMO.

I bought GH2 for 360 last year, paid £63 in HMV for it (10% NUS discount, saved 7 quid), played it all of 3 times and traded it in at GAME a couple of months later.

it doesn't really matter which console you get, wii is fantastic for social stuff it's the games you be sure you go out and buy SingStar. I invited the people in the other flats of the building around for a sing and we ended staying up till 4 in the morning crooning our heads off and one went out and bought the same system as me the next day. (Which is a ps3 btw)

Singstar ( and the PS3 as it is a sony exclusive) gets the big thumbs up from me too! Loving the PS3 version of the series (singstar online tag of Meako1973 if any others warblers fancy seeking me out).

In addition the Buzz series comes to PS3 soon, with downloadable quiz packs and online tounements! Nice!

I'm also looking forward to getting this http://uk.gamespot.com/ps3/puzzle/rockband/index.html?tag=result;title;4 Looks great (and the next logical progression for the guitar hero style games)

With regards to what console....I've always been a fan of Sony, so naturally have a PS3. A great purchase (and as for 'a failing console'...10.7million units sold worldwide so far - non too shabby) and am loving the online store (have bought a few old PS greats such as Theme Hospital, Syphon Filter, Populous, and the HD version of Lemmings at £3.49 each.)

I plan to also invest in a Wii later this year (making the excuse that it is for my son's birthday...ahem) as I love group games, and parties (as you can probably tell due to my love of Singstar, buzz and guitar hero). A nice little console which is all about the fun and less about the power.

As for the 360....it is okay, but wasn't overly enamoured with the XBox which ended up sat in it's box until last week when i finally flogged (crystal edition, used for about 1 month then not touched again).

It is all about personal preferences, and what appeals to you. Sony have not let me down yet, and (as a film buff) the inclusion of a blu-ray drive at an affordable price was a huge factor in my decision for a next gen console.