360, Wii or PS3

Hey all :thumbsup:

Im new to Sheffield and basically I've just got my own flat, new job and I am making new friends which is all great. :hihi:

Having a few friends round this weekend, and I am thinking about getting a new gaming console. I've got a PS2, however this ofcourse it is very outdated.

I need a new one, but before going ahead and spending (such a stupid amount of money) on a new console, I was hoping for a little advice from some students that have some experience of the following three consoles.

Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and the PS3.

Im looking for the best console out of these 3 that involves social building, I would of thought the Wii as this ofcourse involves physical gameplay. However, I am unsure as to whether or not my friends would find this a little childish...

Im not too bothered about the cost as they are all around the same anyway...

Im blabbing on now, so any help that I could get would be great..

:help:

Thanks a lot!

Ive had all 3 and heres what i think -

Wii - Is fun but for me the novelty dies down after a while and then you dont end up playing on it as much as you think you will?

360 - is wicked BUT PS3 Kicks its ass in to touch without doubt the graphics are unreal!

Wow, great response so quickly...

I've been looking around a few websites and have found this to be very helpful - http://www.reviewcentre.com/products75.html, thinking about the Wii although I can imagine Serendipity being correct.

But, DaFoot, thanks a lot that would be very helpful, does the 360 and PS3 differ a lot in mutliplayer gameplay?

The PS3's online gameplay is totally free and over the next few months they are releasing some pretty awesome games as well as Home which is an online virtual world, think Second Life but a billion times better and free to download and play on to boot.

The Nintendo Wii is a great console if playing with friends, I have just bought one myself and will be giving it a thorough test.

The Xbox 360 is a good machine with lots of games and a massive online community, but, I have heard a lot of bad things about it too, like constant breakdowns and reliability problems, plus, it may appear cheaper but that is only for a basic console, no blu ray, no wifi, no wireless controllers and a hard drive that will cost a fortune to upgrade.

So, in the end, the choice as they say, is yours.

Yeh, very true...

By the rating on different review websites, this one I have noticed to be the best - http://www.reviewcentre.com/sreviews5.html

The Nintendo Wii seems to excell quite a bit and would most likely be going for this console as my final descision.

Agreed?

However, I realise the growing popularity in the PS3 and maybe this would be profitable, can you play online with the PS3 too?

Sorry, I dont have a very good up to date knowledge and cant find anything on online gameplay here - reviewcentre.com/reviews90984.html?

Anyone else have any good sites on reviews for online gameplay and social interaction with consoles...

Sorry, for the bother but any help would be great...

Wii with friends is a laugh

But dangerous. I'm suffering Wii related injuries after knocking out, what felt like, the terminator in the first round of boxing. :help:

But dangerous. I'm suffering Wii related injuries after knocking out, what felt like, the terminator in the first round of boxing. :help:

ahh an injurwii :P

So the Wii sounds like a laugh, thanks a lot for the help...

Think I am going to look more into the reviews too before I go ahead (have a look at reviewcentre) been a great help for me.

But this has been a great help too as it seems to be the Wii goes down well with students (drunk students too maybe?).

Anyone know if the PS3 has online gameplay, quite suprising I cant find this anywhere on the web????

Thanks a lot all!

Right, descision made, with great help from one review I found - http://www.reviewcentre.com/review310820.html

The Wii it is, thanks all for the help...

However, I am thinking about a PS3 for the future, I just think for now with the new friends and so on the Wii is more appropriate with social building, and with all your help this seems to be agreed.

Think I will be using http://www.reviewcentre.com/sreviews5.html, especially for gaming and so on, seems great advice...

Soon as someone knows whether or not the PS3 is for online gaming or not it would be great help to just pop a post to let me know.

Thanks a lot mates :)

The PS3's online gameplay is totally free and over the next few months they are releasing some pretty awesome games as well as Home which is an online virtual world, think Second Life but a billion times better and free to download and play on to boot.

The Nintendo Wii is a great console if playing with friends, I have just bought one myself and will be giving it a thorough test.

The Xbox 360 is a good machine with lots of games and a massive online community, but, I have heard a lot of bad things about it too, like constant breakdowns and reliability problems, plus, it may appear cheaper but that is only for a basic console, no blu ray, no wifi, no wireless controllers and a hard drive that will cost a fortune to upgrade.

So, in the end, the choice as they say, is yours.

No wireless controllers? What are you on about? There has been wireless controllers available for 360 from day 1! :rant::loopy: