What's happened to The Earl?

Used to see stuff about it everywhere, has it been shut down or gone bust or just gone secretive?

It had gone back to being a 'real' pub heard nothing otherwise recently

This is one of those pubs which has a huge turnover of landlord. Nobody has stayed for any length of time. It is owned by Enterprise Inns who charge too much rent and too much for their barrelage and bottles and give little support to the tenants (I'm not making this up, I've heard it from the horses mouth). I'm not surprised tenants move on - it is too expensive to run their pubs.

Earl of Arundle Queens RD

every last friday of the Month

Reggea RnB soul & Old school

8 pm start FREE

The former owner was an insult to horses so hope the info wasn't from him classic rock?

This is one of those pubs which has a huge turnover of landlord. Nobody has stayed for any length of time. It is owned by Enterprise Inns who charge too much rent and too much for their barrelage and bottles and give little support to the tenants (I'm not making this up, I've heard it from the horses mouth). I'm not surprised tenants move on - it is too expensive to run their pubs.

I'll second your comments.

These words could have come from the present tenant of a well-known pub up near me in Lodge Moor.

Enterprise Inns plus smoking ban equals impending doom.

As far as I am aware the Earl of Arundel & Surrey is still open and being run as a traditional pub.

It was refurbished and repaired prior to reopening under the current management and is a nice, comfortable, fairly decent sized pub with a pool table in a seperate room. One real ale is available and food at certain times.

Nah, it came from a tenant from about 4 years ago. Then again pub companies IMHO are money grabbers and do get as much out of the tenants as possible in general. Ask any tenant who is tied to a pub company and they'll agree.