Gym in hillsborough area

Which would you join  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Which would you join

• Hillsborough Leisure centre
    • Fitness First

Unless you haven't noticed it is in the middle of a revamp :confused:

I agree with the busyness though. Going at tea-time is out of the question.

I only train there cos it's on my commute to work but wouldn't if not.

Issues i have with FF .....

1) The showers/changing rooms no longer get cleaned early in a morning which is a disgrace for us that go early doors.

2) The machine placement is ridiculous and very badly thought out.

3) The free weights area is too small.

4) The music is so bad an MP3 player is a must.

5) The staff are all kids of whom not one of them looks like they've ever been in a gym! Why would anyone take advice from them.

Other than that it's 'OK'

Why are all the best gyms south of the city centre :loopy:

I have heard that there doing it up a bit, but i haven't been since Xmas as I can't be doing with all the post Xmas "Gotta get slim" brigade.

Other than that points 1 - 5 , your spot on agree with everything you say, and why all the best gyms are in the south of the city, I've no idea, there's a lot of people with diposable income in the north of the city, they just don't realise it.

Best Gym in Sheffield is Sheffield itself.

What I mean my this is, I have just cancelled my gym membership after 3 months, having come to the conclusion that street running cannot be simulated on a treadmill.

I personally felt like a hamster in a wheel, whilst on the treadmill. Going nowhere and bored stupid because having nothing to concentrate on. Also I find you can't let your mind wonder to music on the tredmill because you lose your balance and your down. With street running you've got to look around and you see all life around you. On the treadmill you just listen to your MP3 Player, looking through the mirror, at all the other hamsters around you.

On a positive note though, them female hamsters can be very tasty and make you nearly fall as your mind wonders. Or is that just me??????

Hillsborough Leisure centre or Fitness First ??

ive been a member of both... first HLC left because i was simply bored with the place....so i joined FF.....:gag: poor service run by kids... left after 3mth.... now back at HLC changed training routine, and have been bk there for 8mth and although its a pain around 6-730ish, it is good and it is great for membership extras like kids membership activities, plus your not limited to one place you have the choice of 4 venues.... with SIV.

Im not sayin there great but i do think its value for money!

Well i have just bee to HLC and looked in to being a member and i would not get the benefit of the HLC for its cantract so i got my self a slice card so i can go when i feel like it for £2.90 which seem ok, I also get 30% off swimming and classes too.

I have had a phone call from virgin gym to arrange a date to go and see them.

The Burton Street Project- £18 per month equipment brand new, never busy. Ive just joined and love it. It holds classes and every evening there's a different sports club

The Burton Street Project- £18 per month equipment brand new, never busy. Ive just joined and love it. It holds classes and every evening there's a different sports club

Where is this mate?

Its on Burton Street, the one with an Italian on the corner called Mama something, its adjacent to Capel Street. Just passed Hillsborough Barracks.

Sorry I cant be more help

I have been going to HLC FORTHE PAST 16YEARS it is the best gym that I have ever been to,the staff are very helpful,they are all dedicated to help you get fit,they are really great.

Burton Street number for the gym is 0114 2332908 ext.254 - it's in an old victorian school, between penistone road and langsett road - go past morrisons if you're travelling on langsett road away from hillsborough and it's on your left

There's a gym at Wisewood school, you can either pay a membership fee, or pay as and when you go. Very good value.

I have heard that there doing it up a bit, but i haven't been since Xmas as I can't be doing with all the post Xmas "Gotta get slim" brigade.

Other than that points 1 - 5 , your spot on agree with everything you say, and why all the best gyms are in the south of the city, I've no idea, there's a lot of people with diposable income in the north of the city, they just don't realise it.

what are you on about sheffbloke you know nowt and you are a wednesday fan i bet you work at sheff uni n all you girl

Ive been a member of both gyms hlc and ff in hillsboro pigland .my personal opinion of fitness first is that it is clique unfriendly and cold gym i hated every minute to me its very unwelcoming and intimidating if you dont live and breath body building cant be doing with it personally whereas hlc is the total opposite