Why do they call you "Mr Fahrenheit"?

There's a line in the song "Don't Stop Me Now" by 1970s rockers Queen in which Freddie Mercury yells "200 degrees, that's why they call me Mr Fahrenheit". Now, I'm the last person in the world to be pedantic, but surely if Mr Mercury's body temperature is 200 degrees, he is seriously ill and, should seek immediate medical attention? Indeed, further on in the song he threatens to explode so he's clearly aware of his condition.

The irony of course is that the title of the song "Don't Stop Me Now" is acutally the last advice a medical professional ould give. They'd probably say "Stop immediately, Mr Mercury - you need to go straight to hospital!"

And we wonder why kids who were educated in the 1970s are so ignorant of science and medicine.....:huh:

Maybe the fact that Mr Mercury can withstand temperatures of 200 degrees makes him unstoppable.

However, the fact that mercury has a very low melting point would suggest that he would just be a blob on the floor, not matter what his conditioning is.

In this instance, all that would be needed to stop him is a glass beaker of some sort.

He also claimed to be "... a racing car passing by like Lady Godiva".

I have been a keen fan of motor racing for many years but I have yet to observe the similarities between a modern day formula one car and a naked woman on a horse.

The man was clearly on drugs.

I thought as much,

"...I'm floating around in ecstasy"

I rest my case.

would have been even worse if he'd been Mr Celsius!

The line "Im having a ball" worries me slightly, What use could he possibly get from making love to a spherical object?

This is my favourite Queen song. Im sure fahrenheit is put in to rhyme with "the speed of light" isnt it ?

And thats another thing.

Travelling at the speed of light? Id say a certain Herr Eintsein might have a thing or two to say about that.

And thats another thing.

Travelling at the speed of light? Id say a certain Herr Eintsein might have a thing or two to say about that.

Bet Bill Gates can though! He can do anything:P

Just a thought Freddies body temperature could well be 200 now that he's dead, just depends on what direction he went ! :twisted:

Wasnt his real name Bulsaria?

I wonder if he was a great uncle to anyone...