Sign in to follow this  

Which mobile phone plan should I get?

Hi, i'm thinking about getting a mobile phone plan for the first time.. just wondering who/what your plan is, and whether you are happy with it?

I'm looking for one with lots of off-peak minutes; Orange do 1000 minutes + 1000 texts off peak, per month, for £25.

Any good?

Depends if you ever want to use it peak rate.

Im happy with mine. Nokia 7610 for free. 200 minutes anytime, plus 500 texts anytime, every month. 30 quid. O2 online. No junk mail either which is nice. :)

I am on the orange internet / phone one like you mentioned but get 200 mins and 500 texts for 30quid. All anytime. Works for me, never any problems, quality phone for free which you can always sell and get a crap one to get a few quid back.

Don't go with O2 contract, their customer service is 'orrible to put it politely.

Originally posted by Rich

Don't go with O2 contract, their customer service is 'orrible to put it politely.

Never had any problems with them myself. Had loads with Vodafone.

Been on all of the major networks as I tend to change my phone every year and skip from one service provider to another. Currently with Orange - they are the first network I have renewed my contract with. I'm on the same £30 200minute contract everyone else seems to be on (probably popular as it's the minimum contract that will get you your phone for free and decent inclusive minutes). Vodaphone and O2 have terrible customer services. T-mobile was OK but their reception/coverage did not seem to be as good as the others. Currently you can get some really good deals on the 3 network via online companies like dial-a-phone. 500 anytime minutes plus 100 texts for something like £12.50 a month with free vidoephone. However my friends in the business tell me their coverage is not too hot (lots of dropped connections), their call centres are based in India and their customer services are awful.

I'm on 3 I get 500 anytime any network minutes and 100 text currently for £15 but goes up to £30 soon. I've not had any problems with dropped calls or signal in fact I would go as far as to say that I've had less dropped calls than I did on T-Mobile.

3's Customer Service isn't the best I've had very little call to use it so couldn't really say but no regrets so far on changing.

Avoid like the plague any online contracts. The deal may be cheaper than in the shops but the customer helpline is around 50p per minute even if the fault is theirs and you don't get a refund on this! I had this with O2 - a recurring fault every month which they just couldn't put right - think how much the phone calls cost at their benefit!

Have a contract phone with Vodaphone, have been with them for 6 months now and the bill is wrong every time. At least I can walk into the shop and they sort it out for me.