Paying money directly into someone's bank?

Hi,

I'm hoping to buy something online, and the person doesnt have a paypal account so they have asked if I would pay the money directly into their bank account.

So far this person has been very helpful and friendly so im not worried that it is dodgy or anything....

but

If i do pay the money straight into their account, and in the unlikely case they dont send the item - do i have any sort of protection to get the money back etc?

Thanks

They can set a paypal account up in minutes.

Dont think you would have any protection if you paid direct into their account.

I will be getting a reciept from my bank though

dont do it, ive had some experience with this sort of thing.

if you dont pay by paypal, it would make it very difficult to get your money back should they not send the goods.

theres no real excuse for them not to have a paypal account.

ring your local police and ask there advice if your not sure 01142202020

If they dont or are not prepared to open a paypal account, that alone seems dodgy to me. I wouldnt do it if I were you

If I pay via paypal though I doubt I will have any protection as I use a debit card I dont own a credit card

Speak to them on the phone,judge the person.read the signs such as,are they open with address and land line number.whats the feedback like?what items do they normally sell ?All these will tell you what sort of person your dealing with.

i trusted someone with £300 quid last week on their say so that they would put the money in at my bank,after job done,not something i practice but i was confident and got the judgment right.

there are plenty of good people around.

you have proof the money has been sent.

how much is the item?

You are still "protected" if you pay by paypal regardless of how you have funded the paypal payment. The protection provided by credit card companies is something completely separate.

You are still "protected" if you pay by paypal regardless of how you have funded the paypal payment. The protection provided by credit card companies is something completely separate.

paypal protection is nearly useless!

Is it possible these days to pay cash or a cheque into someone else's account without using an official printed paying in slip?

paypal protection is nearly useless!

yes, hence the speech marks