St Luke's bid for Graves Park / Norton Nurseries

Do you support St Luke's bid?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support St Luke's bid?

• Yes
    • No

I didn't accuse you of stalking me. I asked if you were following me. I thought you'd understand that I meant it figuratively on the forum. I've already apologised once. I'm not going to do it again.

Its called a thread, try reading it.

I have a very good feeling that the issue of Graves Park will be resolved in the not too distant future.

About time too........

Its called a thread, try reading it.

Why do you feel the need to be offensive.

I read this thread but haven't read through the complete thread or know the full details. I like to read through as I know it will be very heated.

You appear to me to find the most heated threads and then spend most of the time rousing arguments (Black Lane and Wisewood threads spring to mind).

If St Lukes don't get Graves Park what is the alternative? (pay for land but do they have a plan b on somewhere to buy)

BTW I don't agree with anyone developing park land doing it once sets a precedent for everyone wanting to develop.

If St Lukes don't get Graves Park what is the alternative?

Somewhere else?

They don't appear to have a Plan B which is a bit of a shame really because it makes them look incredibly incompetent and the good work that they do does not deserve to suffer through this sorry affair.

Still, that's a problem of their own making so they will have to deal with it.

They don't appear to have a Plan B which is a bit of a shame really because it makes them look incredibly incompetent and the good work that they do does not deserve to suffer through this sorry affair.

Still, that's a problem of their own making so they will have to deal with it.

Suggest plan B is to get a new board of trustees who understand the Charities Act and then start with a clean sheet of paper and a load of humble pie.

I will be celebrating tonight. Will catch up with my FOGP colleagues after the weekend.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Yep, now Lib Dems have a majority this issue is a dead duck.

Yep, now Lib Dems have a majority this issue is a dead duck.

It ought to be, however, only time will tell:thumbsup:

Perhaps St Luke's could recover the money that they have wasted by sueing the people that led them up the garden path... assuming that somebody did of course.

I have to admit to a sense of relief I hope it's not missplaced.

Jan Wilsons diatribe that the local vote was about national failings just goes to prove they were never listening and I feel vindicated. Hopefully council officers will now sit up and pay attention. If I had one wish right now it would be for a clear message to go out that our parks will never again be treated like some council chattel.

Hopefully council officers will now sit up and pay attention. If I had one wish right now it would be for a clear message to go out that our parks will never again be treated like some council chattel.

I fear you may have found the fly in the ointment. Council officers need to do as they are asked; they certainly didn't do this when council (with a lib dem motion) told them to go away and find alternatives to the Wisewood and Myers Grove merger. However we will soon be recruiting a new Chief Exec and hopefully it will be someone who understands that the council officers must carry out the will of the council.

I think the FOGP are not going to let this slip at this stage. There is also a great amount of momentum behind a city wide fellowship of friends groups to ensure other parkland is not targeted in future.

Already several friends groups are on board and offered great assistance to FOGP in their battle.

Hopefully some good will come out of all this. The profile of the city's parks has never been higher.