St Luke's bid for Graves Park / Norton Nurseries

Do you support St Luke's bid?  

486 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support St Luke's bid?

• Yes
    • No

I started to look, but they only keep the last show available for "Listen Again".

Thanks cgksheff, and Tony. That's a shame. Surely someone on the forum must have heard it?

Probably all be over in 24 hours. If not the lawyers start to earn money big time.

Thanks cgksheff, and Tony. That's a shame. Surely someone on the forum must have heard it?

Yes I heard it, obviously I can't type out a full transcript of what was said but basically the councillers said that they cannot give a personal opinion because as members of Sheffield council they are responsible for the best interests of the park, but they all implied that a hospice is maybe not in the best interests of the park. The only guest who wasn't a counciller was the Conservative who did say Sheffield should not be selling off sheffield parkland for anything that did not benefit the park.

Jan Wilson did say though that no application has been submitted from St Lukes, only a proposal and so there was nothing to vote on anyway.

Yes I heard it, obviously I can't type out a full transcript of what was said but basically the councillers said that they cannot give a personal opinion because as members of Sheffield council they are responsible for the best interests of the park, but they all implied that a hospice is maybe not in the best interests of the park. The only guest who wasn't a counciller was the Conservative who did say Sheffield should not be selling off sheffield parkland for anything that did not benefit the park.

Jan Wilson did say though that no application has been submitted from St Lukes, only a proposal and so there was nothing to vote on anyway.

Thanks for that. Do you know if they had a phone in afterwards?

Thanks for that. Do you know if they had a phone in afterwards?

Don't be fooled by politicians on the run up to an election.

They will say what they think the audience want to hear.

Read the thread to get their real views.

Don't let them get your vote by dropping your guard.

I remain profoundly suspicious, particularly by Jan Wilson's impression that no application had been received from St.L's board, when back in February she said a definite application had been made.

Watch out for some fiddle being put up after the election.

It's not over till the fat lady sings.

:suspect:

Just watch, they will suddenly find the plans from SLH, decide they need to be pushed through very quickly to make up lost time and backanders. This time next month there will be diggers in Graves Park

I remain profoundly suspicious, particularly by Jan Wilson's impression that no application had been received from St.L's board, when back in February she said a definite application had been made.

Watch out for some fiddle being put up after the election.

It's not over till the fat lady sings.

:suspect:

I have an interesting question for redrobbo that he can answer without compromising his ability to vote on this matter.

The Charity Commission ruled that should this come to a vote by the trustees, then party whips could not be employed. This is to ensure that trustees act in the interest of the charity they represent and not the interests of some political party.

So... should the matter of a hospice in the park come to a vote would robbo ignore his party line and make a decision based on what was best for the Graves Park Charity?

Perhaps as pertinently, if Labour get kicked out of power at today's election will St Luke's be seen to have been relying on political power at SCC?

Is that a right and proper thing for a charity to do?

Perhaps as pertinently, if Labour get kicked out of power at today's election will St Luke's be seen to have been relying on political power at SCC?

Is that a right and proper thing for a charity to do?

Someone will indoubtably ask the question

Someone will indoubtably ask the question

But not until after the count tomorrow;)

Don't forget the small matter of tomorrows local council election.

As I understand it the Lib-Dems as a party have stated their opposition.

They got my vote. Only time in 20 years I didn't vote Labour