Paypal issues

i have had an ebay an paypal account now for almost a year, recently paypal have decied that my account has been involved in fradulent activity!!!!! wot the f***???

they have closed my account and are keeping hold of my money for 180 days!! (6months) after numerous emails and complaints to them trying to find out how they came to this decision, they told me that my account was being used to collect money from a site that had items that violated their mature audiences agreement . i asked them to prove that by showing me and sending me a link to this alleged site, 3 days later, am still waiting for it, i have checked my transactions in my account, thinking someone, somehow, may have hi-jacked it, and lo and be hold, the last transaction was made for a camera i sold on ebay in november, also, have had them reversing transactions saying the person(s) have never received their goods. i have proof of posting from my local P.O, but this is not good enough proof, how the hell they figure that out is beyond me, so the peerson gets their money back PLUS they get to keep the goods, i get a negative balance in my paypal account, which they then try to to reverse by taking money from my bank account WITHOUT MY PERMISSION,, surely this is not legal procedure. any how, check out these sites.....

http://www.paypalsucks.com

[http://paypal.ctyme.com/paypal/paypalsucks.htm

Hi there,

I've used Paypal as a buyer and seller for a couple of years now with no real problems.

The only time I had to deal with them was after I lost a password on one account and ended up losing about a fiver that was sitting in it.

They can be quite draconian, however, from what I read.

With regards to transactions for selling items, have you had any complains about the sales through e-bay itself? I've sold a few hundred items on there and whilst have had the odd time when I've been late in sending I've always had complaints from ebay first.

Sorry can't be more helpful.

Joe

no, never had any complaints from ebay regarding sales, only paypal.

have got 127 pos. feedback wi ebay, its paypal who i am tussling with, apparently there are some users who are ripping people off, then reversing transactions, and thees nowt you can do about it, just be VERY VERY CAREFUL.

i was fine with paypal until recently

Are you sure you haven't recently replied to one of those spoof PayPal/eBay emails and given them your details?

absolutely positive, no one has my account details, i make it a habit of changing all my p/words every month.

copy of email i received, btw, i dont even have a website for crying out loud!!

"Dear John Flower,

Thank you for contacting PayPal. We apologize for the delay in responding

to your service request.

We regret that you have had this experience. The limitation on your account

will not be reversed. Due to the violation of PayPal?s Acceptable Use

Policy, your account has been closed. This decision may not be appealed,

as accounts that have violated PayPal's Mature Audiences Policy will not be

reinstated. Please remove all references to PayPal from your website(s)

and/or auction(s). This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment

option, but also the PayPal logo and/or shopping cart.

If you have any questions, please contact the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy

Department at paypal-compliance@paypal.com.

Sincerely,

PayPal Acceptable Use Policy Department

PayPal, an eBay Company"

Originally posted by jonluvsnique

i get a negative balance in my paypal account, which they then try to to reverse by taking money from my bank account WITHOUT MY PERMISSION,, surely this is not legal procedure.

I think you'll find that you have given permission as you can't open a Paypal account without agreeing to a direct debit from either your credit card or your bank account. I never keep any money in my Paypal account - if I buy something it just gets debited from my bank account by Paypal and if I sell anything, I transfer the money out of it straight away.

I've never had any problem with them.

actually, no, this is incorrect, i did not authorize them to take money via DD, my bank details were on file for the sole purpose of transferring money from my paypal account to my bank account, you dont have to set up DD, and as far as i'm aware, and according to my bank, there are NO DD's set up. (except for my Sky!)

I recently purchased something rather expensive on ebay which over a month later still hasn't arrived. I have emailed the seller 4 times now with absolutely no response, then I noticed he was receiving a barrage of negative feedbacks from other buyers who he had ripped off for the same item. I have filed a complaint and now a claim through Paypal to try and recover my money, however I since notice that he has deleted his ebay account so whether they will be able to get me my money back I don't know. I have been in touch with a couple of the other people he has ripped off, and we have all tried ringing the contact number that ebay gave us for the seller, it is a bar where nobody has heard of him.

This is the first time that I've ever had a problem with a seller or buyer and have been using ebay for a few years now. I'm sorry you've had negative experiences, perhaps you ought to look into contacting an ombudsman or similar as surely withholding your money without giving you proof or without allowing you to appeal the decision is not legal practice or within your rights?

Paypal will only recover money if it is still in the buyers paypal account, so if they transfer the money to their bank account as soon as it arrives which I guess any one dodgy would do, you are shafted. :mad:

Originally posted by neeeeeeeeeek

Paypal will only recover money if it is still in the buyers paypal account, so if they transfer the money to their bank account as soon as it arrives which I guess any one dodgy would do............. :mad:

I do that and I'm not dodgy!!!:suspect:

Why leave the money somewhere you can't use it other than to buy something else?

i agree, they charge you if you have less than £50 to transfer, soon i get it out as soon as it reaches this amount, but they can still can take it back if they want, and theres nowt much you can do about it.

if you listen to this conversation, you will see wot i mean......

[http://paypal.ctyme.com/paypal/paypalsucks.htm

about 6 or 7 paragraphs down where it says

"I RECORDED THE CONVERSTATION IN THIS MP3 FILE SO YOU ALL CAN HERE IT FOR YOURSELF!"