Knife sharpening

I think it's likely that the OP got her knife sharpened 3 years ago, when she started the thread ;)

Yes but the thread is live on Google searches and hey guess what we are still here

And you're spamming too. Please take this hint to stop it or you'll find your account suspended. I've already removed 3 posts of business promotion spam.

I think it's likely that the OP got her knife sharpened 3 years ago, when she started the thread ;)

Aah but starting a new thread would have been breaking forum rules surely?

So would spamming on an existing thread...

To get back onto topic - there's a link to a mobile knife sharpening company here.

I haven't used them personally, but if anyone has then could you please let us know how you fared?

:)

To get back onto topic - there's a link to a mobile knife sharpening company here.

I haven't used them personally, but if anyone has then could you please let us know how you fared?

:)

Id recommend Mick at Ultrasharp too, he works with loads of restaurants in Sheffield

His twitter is here: http://www.twitter.com/THE_Knifeman

I saw a sign this week on Eccy Road, The Famous Sheffield Shop does them for about £2.50 if less than 6 inches. It was one of the only shops open....Good on them :)

Do you mean the SHEFFIELD SHOP that sells kitchen knives from JAPAN & CHINA

Perhaps there would be no need for knife sharpening if you bought some of these!

I found the video fascinating! :)

Good idea but if the knife is blunt it won't work, you need a stone. Steels are only good for keeping an edge rather than creating one. However, once it is sharp a steel is well worth having :thumbsup:

To answer the question, I think Peters down by Blacks may do, but I'd ask first as I'm not sure.

and you need a steel for that make of knife not just any old steel