Arthur Lee & Sons Ltd?

Served my time as an electrician at Crown, then went to Davy's in 1961. I was later asked to go back to work for Les Wilson at MH and then with Chappie at ASR. Happy days. I did not take the offers. Davy's paid much more.

My Granddad , John Prescott, worked at wincobank most of his working life upto when he retired in the early 70's. Dont know what his job was but will try to find out.

hello david my grandfather worked at the wincobank site before transfering to the ecclesfield site for around 40 years i think he spent most of his time there as a foreman and forklift driver before leaving in 83 and spending his last 2year prior to retirement at the wincobank site as first aid officer his name was bob shore

did bob play darts and went in shiregreen club my brother george knew im very well

imet him a few times

Chris, Can you do me a favour?

Can you look up these two names in the Telephone Directory, please?

Gordon Dixon (Twentywell Lane)

Les Naylor (Ecclesfield)

I will forgive you being a Wednesday fan!!!!!:hihi:

Hi David, Are you home from America yet?

I have just spoken to Les Naylor and believe it or not Gordon Dixon. They are both quite well and looking forward to you contacting them.

Les will shortly be moving to Wakefield to be close to his family.

If you skype me I can give you their telephone numbers.

Cheers, Tony

I started an apprenticeship at Arthur Lee's Wincobank works in the tool room in 1961. Then did two years at the Crown works, Attercliffe. I remember going to fetch sandwiches - dripping, bacon, etc. from a shop on the main road. There were many characters at both works. I left when I finished my apprenticeship in 1966

I remember working at Arthur Lee's offices on Ecclesfield Road. The typing pool was presided over by a strict supervisor whose name escapes me. There were lots of us between 1955-60. Some names I remember are Pat West, Norma Hadfield, Jean Barraclough, Maureen and Barbara Houghton, and Gwen Sizeland. Mr Halford was manager.

Lots of us would walk through Concord Park & Woolley Woods to get to work (in all weathers).

Hello Belinda, the name of the strict supervisor was Ella West, She lived at Crawshaw Grove, Greenhill, Sheffield 8.

My sister, Audrey Godwin, was a Comptometer operator at the time you were working there

Regards, Tony Godwin

did bob play darts and went in shiregreen club my brother george knew im very well

imet him a few times

that is correct

knew him did he go in shiregreen w m c and play darts my brother knew him

imet him 1 or 2twiceand there was bob and bill unwin plus a few more i had 2 brothers at a lees worked there all there live george was a wire drawer charlie worked in the wire wharehouse iworked there twice1947 onthe old coolled rolling mill 2time stiscking in on

robertson fartherin lwa worked on the furnises in the hot mill tommy clarke

yours a woollen

im told my grandad was at the time the best darts player in north sheffield if not the whole of sheffield

Hi Dave sorry to hear about Graham another great bloke also remember Peter Morton, Graham’s sons name is John. Tony Hughes was the electrical foreman at Ecclesfield works when I was an apprentice and a bloke called Mick who was the chargehand and eggo (Tony Eggelston) who was a shift electrician what a character he was. The Fitters foreman was a bloke called Lancaster who called all the fitters bakehouse mechanic’s ,also the fitters chargehand was a big bloke who had a stutter but also a big Wednesday fan like myself but for the moment cannot remember his name? Can you...

Did tony eggo live on parson cross, i helped him out on a job last month and your right he is a character

Hi Dave sorry to hear about Graham another great bloke also remember Peter Morton, Graham’s sons name is John. Tony Hughes was the electrical foreman at Ecclesfield works when I was an apprentice and a bloke called Mick who was the chargehand and eggo (Tony Eggelston) who was a shift electrician what a character he was. The Fitters foreman was a bloke called Lancaster who called all the fitters bakehouse mechanic’s ,also the fitters chargehand was a big bloke who had a stutter but also a big Wednesday fan like myself but for the moment cannot remember his name? Can you...

hi mocco57 the chap you cannot remember i think is graham dyson a friend of mine i worked in the carbon wire dept hope this helps

Hi, MILO007. Yes Graham Dyson, how his he doing and does he still go to Hillsborough?

Hi dogsneck, yes tony did live on the cross.