15/16 mile walk 23rd Feb 2008

I am also doing a shortened version and will probably drive and then get train back to Grindleford (if that is possible?) or might go on the train in which case I could travel back with you to sheffileld Parkwoman? My advice is ditch the decorating I opted for painting instead of walking last week and spent the whole time looking out the window and wishing I was in the hills!

I would love to do the whole walk but going out for a meal in the evening and need to be back at home early afternoon.

Neo, Neily and Nooka (sound like charachters from a kids tv programme don't they :) ) are def. catching the 9.15 train to Grindleford, so you won't be alone if you do take the train out.

Regarding dropping out, you can do so on the way to Ladybower at Hathersage (@2.5 miles) or Bamford (@5 miles) which I know you probably won't! Or on the way back from Ladybower at Bamford again (10 miles) or Hathersage (12.5 miles)

And Parkwoman..................ditch the brushes. The weather forecast is looking good, there's gonna be a good turnout, and you need a nice flat walk to bring you back down to earth :D

See you Saturday :P

Neo, Neily and Nooka (sound like charachters from a kids tv programme don't they :) ) ...

Nooka IS a character from a kids' TV programme! Neo is from the film The Matrix and Neily is just...........erm............well, erm.............Neily! :)

As Scoobz says above, i will be catching the train from Sheffield to Grindleford then attempting to do the whole walk, but if i cant manage it will get the train back from Bamford to Sheff, if there is one! I dont always trust trains! I am also tempted to eat at the Grindleford cafe after seeing this http://russelldavies.typepad.com/eggbaconchipsandbeans/2004/07/grindleford_sta.html

looks yummy! :hihi:

As Scoobz says above, i will be catching the train from Sheffield to Grindleford then attempting to do the whole walk, but if i cant manage it will get the train back from Bamford to Sheff, if there is one! I dont always trust trains! I am also tempted to eat at the Grindleford cafe after seeing this http://russelldavies.typepad.com/eggbaconchipsandbeans/2004/07/grindleford_sta.html

looks yummy! :hihi:

Read my mind like a book Nooka, a big nosh-up at the famous Grindleford cafe would be a great way to round the day off.

Even better if Albert foots the bill!

All being well, Me & Himself will be joining you to start from Grindleford Railway Stn.

In an effort to help make this a record turn out for our Glorious Leader :D another 5 friends are hoping to come along too (2 known to some & the other 3 are Newbies to SFW).

Did someone mention that Albert is buying the bacon sarnies etc. for us all in Grindleford Station Cafe............?

The more the merrier Galloway, as always, and yes Albert will be treating us all at the end, but he doesn't know it yet :wink:

Might not cost him a deal though if no-one actually makes it to the end :o

I'll be coming on this, & a friend of mine is coming along too! Hope Grindleford, Bamford, Ladybower etc. are ready for this onslaught of SF walkers!!! Meet you all at Grinleford!

I'll be coming on this, & a friend of mine is coming along too! Hope Grindleford, Bamford, Ladybower etc. are ready for this onslaught of SF walkers!!! Meet you all at Grinleford!

Oh dear, its not adios Alberto, and hola Manuel is it?

Oh dear, its not adios Alberto, and hola Manuel is it?

Nope, it's a lady friend!!:D

Read my mind like a book Nooka, a big nosh-up at the famous Grindleford cafe would be a great way to round the day off.

That is a very, very good idea which I will be pleased to take up with just one condition.

I'm starting at Bamford and I'll walk up to and across the Ladybower Dam wall. Basically because I've never done it previously. If it is clear and anyone accompanies me, I will suggest that if they have never done so, that whilst I go across the wall and back, they venture up to the top of ' Win Hill ' and back then continue down to the bridge at Shatton, where the party coming up from Grindleford will meet.

As everyone will be ready for lunch at this time, my only condition is that Scoobz treats everyone to lunch at the ' Marquis of Granby '. Then after the long walk on getting back to Grindleford, I will order a Pint of Tea or Coffee and twenty straws to round off the day prior to catching the,' Puffer Billy ' home.

All being well, Me & Himself will be joining you to start from Grindleford Railway Stn.

In an effort to help make this a record turn out for our Glorious Leader :D another 5 friends are hoping to come along too (2 known to some & the other 3 are Newbies to SFW).

Did someone mention that Albert is buying the bacon sarnies etc. for us all in Grindleford Station Cafe............?

I will do gladly but the above conditions apply.

thanks scoobz that is really helpful. I am going to come on the train and walk for as long as i can (time wise) and then catch train back.See you Saturday