Which film have you watched more than once ?

The Shawshank Redemption, I’ve watched it twice and half watched it when it was on TV a few months ago.

Two very good actors in this film, Morgan Freeman who is a favourite of mine and Tim Robbins.

6 hours ago, steved32 said:

I watched The Third Man, too.  Superb cinematography, acting...and that theme tune...atmospheric or what.

Also watched Whistle Down the Wind.  Beautiful.

Re: The Third Man.  It's quirky how most of the scenes of the film are shot at strange angles. 

Another few I can watch over & over again:

A Matter of Life & Death (David Niven) 

Guns of Navarone (Niven again) 

The Player (Tim Robbins).  One of the continous opening single shots I've ever seen. 

Monsieur Hulot's Holiday, (Vacances de M. Hulot),  My Uncle (Mon Oncle) ~ see where Rowan Atkinson nicked 'HIS' idea for Mr Bean, in my opinion. 

Usual Suspects (It's ok to like it again; Spacey's been cleared) 

Oh Mister Porter (Will Hay) 

Any of the Laurel & Hardy films currently being shown on Talking Pictures, channel 81.

(Original) The Italian Job.  (Again the opening scene with the guy driving the Ferrari through the Italian Alps & the Matt Monroe theme tune. So Italian, so 60's)

(Original) Day of the Jackal (Edward Fox) 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

The Third Man is regarded as being  one of the greatest films of all time. Its been on TV a few times.

It didnt  really appeal to me enough to want to see it again but I acknowledge its greatness. 

Here's the Harry Lime theme from the film. I rather like the sound of the zither. 

I can guarantee the most watched film of all time will be Alistair Sim in Scrooge/ A Christmas Carol. I know the thread is about individual watching of films, so as I am almost 75, I must say I have likely seen it at least 50 times, perhaps more.

Edited by Ontarian1981

Under Siege   if it's being shown on terestial tv i usually watch it, probably seen it over ten times!

On 30/07/2019 at 04:02, Ontarian1981 said:

I can guarantee the most watched film of all time will be Alistair Sim in Scrooge/ A Christmas Carol. I know the thread is about individual watching of films, so as I am almost 75, I must say I have likely seen it at least 50 times, perhaps more.

Alistair Sim.  Try to watch "The Green Man",  Sim & George Cole.  Quite amusing. 

Mentioning Christmas, I forgot about "It's A Wonderful Life".  Lost count of the times I've seen this around the festive season. 

Edited by Baron99
Amendments

On 28/07/2019 at 08:11, hauxwell said:

There is some lovely songs from these old musicals. I like Rodgers and Hammerstein, they have wrote some lovely musicals.  I’ve listened to some of their songs on YouTube a few times.

I've just been looking at the TV listings and Oklahoma is on BBC2 tomorrow at 1-45pm

That has some lovely Rodgers and  Hammerstein songs.

Ive seen it before but not for quite a few years so I'm going to record it to watch later. 

9 hours ago, janie48 said:

I've just been looking at the TV listings and Oklahoma is on BBC2 tomorrow at 1-45pm

That has some lovely Rodgers and  Hammerstein songs.

Ive seen it before but not for quite a few years so I'm going to record it to watch later. 

I have just read your post and I am  going to record it to watch later.   I can’t remember the story but I can remember the song, Oh what a beautiful morning, 

Thank you for letting me know it is on TV.

7 hours ago, hauxwell said:

I have just read your post and I am  going to record it to watch later.   I can’t remember the story but I can remember the song, Oh what a beautiful morning, 

Thank you for letting me know it is on TV.

My pleasure, knowing how much you enjoy those musicals I had wondered whether you were aware it was on TV. 

I'm looking forward to seeing it later. 

La Dolce Vita - high life in Rome, can't recall much of it except for one character saying to Anita Ekberg's character as they were ascending spiral stairs 'You must have a built-in lift' 

ahem!

The Dark Knight trilogy.

Batman Begins - The Dark Knight - The Dark Knight Rises