The February 2008 Stashbusting Knitalong!

Wheezy! Foot coverings and now hand warmer thingies - and at such speed!

Oohh! That is a clever idea KB. Look orward to seeing that. I really must master this crochet thing....

Don't sell her the hook JillM :o We have to use things only from stash :D

I love the fetchings Wheezy, does this mean a handcovering monster has been let loose?

I have made a mental note to be extra nice to you knitbird, ever since you mentioned your mafia connections. :suspect: What I thought was, if I could do a thumb on these here Fetchings, then I could do four more thumbs (fingers to you) and make a complete glove. BUT, I didn't like doing the thumb, it was scary. I don't like seeing holes, especially great big ones, in a piece of work. I don't know if it was more good luck than judgement that got that thumb where it is today. Anyway, I am up to the thumb on number two now, but have decided to call it a day and will finish it off in the morning. Hopefully delivering to my sister in the afternoon. What a good sister I am. :love:

I finished off the other Fetching this morning and just took them to the Garden Centre. Sister very pleased!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/Wheezy_photos/DSCF4423.jpg

They look fantastic!

So what are you going to do for the stashbusting now? Seeing as we're only 2 days in :hihi:

They look fantastic!

So what are you going to do for the stashbusting now? Seeing as we're only 2 days in :hihi:

I was thinking of a hat lb :o I havne' done a hat before - and I do know lots of people with heads :D

I like hats - they're like socks only with no heel and much less knitting (cuff, straight bit, decrease, done). The other cracking thing is that you only need to knit one of them, unlike gloves and socks.

I like hats too - my DH would rather have a hat than a jumper and that's fine by me!

You are certainly going great guns Wheezy! I still have 1.5 fingers and a thumb to finish my first glove:)

You are certainly going great guns Wheezy! I still have 1.5 fingers and a thumb to finish my first glove:)

Ooooh, I look forward to seeing pics. So then, what are fingers like to do then, bet you're going to say they're easy peasy :D Tell us more......

Right, I'm going to join this knitalong with the half-finished scarf that was meant to be one of my mother-in-law's Christmas presents. :help: If that's ok?

I aim to get it finished in time to send it for mothers' day :)