Favourite Beatles Song Megathread

If I'm not mistaken, the photo of John morphing into Yoko was used on the label of the single "Happy Xmas (War is Over)". I'll have to dig out my green vinyl copy to confirm.

Got my box set (stereo) today but my wife insists on wrapping it up for an Xmas pressie :mad:

Thanks HappyHippy & Ousetunes........:)

Ousetunes, your information that you have posted about John's (RIP) family is really helpful; thank you. I have seen pictures of his Mum & Dad & he does seem to resemble his Dad. I think curiosity got the better in me & I wondered if he did have any chinese heritage in his family because of his features. Perhaps not but there is something quite distinctive about his features that could presume he may be of chinese heritage.

Again thank you your helpful information :)

When people live together their constant talk leads to a similarity in facial pattern.

When people live together their constant talk leads to a similarity in facial pattern.

My mouth is nowhere near as big as my other half's, so your assertion is incorrect ;)

Thanks HappyHippy & Ousetunes........:)

Ousetunes, your information that you have posted about John's (RIP) family is really helpful; thank you. I have seen pictures of his Mum & Dad & he does seem to resemble his Dad. I think curiosity got the better in me & I wondered if he did have any chinese heritage in his family because of his features. Perhaps not but there is something quite distinctive about his features that could presume he may be of chinese heritage.

Again thank you your helpful information :)

Lennon certainly is an Irish name, and very common in the North and East of Ireland.

My mouth is nowhere near as big as my other half's, so your assertion is incorrect ;)

For now fella!

Lennon certainly is an Irish name, and very common in the North and East of Ireland.

The plot thickens........:huh: Thanks HH :)

He gave money to the IRA as well didn't he? :suspect:

Did any of you catch Pattie Harrison on Piers Morgan's show on Saturday night, when his guest was Cilla Black?

It's the first time in ages that she's been on TV and I thought she looked very well!

She certainly has avoided the limelight since the late 60s, hasn't she?!

I saw her on that, yes. She did indeed look well (I can't believe she's 65!) and I think that's one of the only times I've actually seen her on TV.

Despite being married to Harrison and Clapton she's certainly managed to keep her head down.

edit: Out of the Beatles' partners though, I'd say Jane Asher has aged best. She was gorgeous then and still is now.

Edited by JenC

For anyone who is interested, Yoko Ono will be on the full length edition of Jools Holland tonight (beware though, from what I saw on the show on Tuesday, she was rubbish. I think she said Sean is joining her on tonight's programme though).

However, it's worth watching for Smokey Robinson doing a beautiful rendition of Don't Know Why, accompanied by Eric Clapton on guitar.

Edited by JenC
Sean, not Julian.

Thanks for that Jen.

Did you hear Yoko on Ken Bruce's Tracks Of My Years?

She played what I can only describe as a stunning song by Sean Lennon which, IIRC, was entitled Magic. She stated that it had not been released on an album (so she wasn't trying to promote any of Sean's stuff, per se).

It was totally different, a bit of John, some Plastic Ono Band-type acoustic piano, some strings but a melody and vocal delivery that made you just stop what you were doing (not that I did: I was driving but I'm sure you catch my drift!).

I must get hold of this track!