Favourite Beatles Song Megathread

Oh come on now how the hell do you answer this one? Nearlly every track they recorded was a gem.

Straight off the top of my head...ish. And this will change within the minute,

GET BACK

IN MY LIFE

ACROSS THE UNIVERSE

I WANT TO HOLD YOUR HAND

HEY JUDE

'Across The Universe' anyone?

That song never really registered with me, then I heard it on the Liverpool Nativity that was on telly before Christmas. What a beauty. In fact I'm getting a lump in my throat just thinking about it.

Damn - forgotten about that one.

The acoustic version before Spector got his hands on it on "Let It Be" is far superior - originally released on a compilation for the World Wildlife Fund if my memory serves.

That song never really registered with me, then I heard it on the Liverpool Nativity that was on telly before Christmas. What a beauty. In fact I'm getting a lump in my throat just thinking about it.

My number one! Such a beautiful composition...

2. Strawberry Fields

3. I am the Walrus

4. Happiness is a Warm Gun

5. I'm So Tired... or Only A Northern Song...

She's leaving home

Revolution

Day in the life

Taxman

oooh difficult.... Can't buy me love today...

If anyone on here is into George's solo work have a listen to "Your love is forever"(in open D tuning).A beautiful song.

Lyrics-:

Sublime in the summertime, warm and lazy . . .

These are perfect days like Heaven's about here,

But unlike summer came and went -

Your love is forever,

I feel it and my heart knows

That we share it together.

Resigned to the wintertime's cold and dreary

Peering into fire flames, burning I know

That unlike winter came and went

Your love is forever

I feel it and my heart knows

That we share it together

I feel it and my heart knows you're the one

The guiding light in all your love shines on

The only lover worth it all

Your love is forever.

I actually prefer the original version on the WWF charity album which is a bit faster.

Narrowing it down to 20 is tough enough, but 5 ....... for now .......

He Said, She Said

Tomorrow Never Knows

She's Leaving Home

While My Guitar Gently Weeps

In My Life

These would change day by day, depending on my mood.

What I do believe is that Revolver is one of the very few perfect albums. Even though 'Yellow Submarine' is on it.

Damn - forgotten about that one.

The acoustic version before Spector got his hands on it on "Let It Be" is far superior - originally released on a compilation for the World Wildlife Fund if my memory serves.

Yes, you're right. I had it on vinyl and lent it out ...... it was called "No-one's Gonna Change My World", and had a really good Hollies track on it too. Spike Milligan also features.

It's also available on "The Beatles - Past Masters", released in 1988, and "The Beatles Rarities" released in about 1980.

If anyone on here is into George's solo work have a listen to "Your love is forever"(in open D tuning).A beautiful song.

George Harrison's 1979 eponymous album is a beautiful affair and the production is really lush. Your Love Is Forever is a particular highlight and the guitar solo just makes you feel so warm. I also like Dark Sweet Lady as well...in fact I like it all.

But I'd still put Gone Troppo (1982) above this album. It is truly full of gems and is the only album to truly reflect George Harrison's quirky sense of humour. Strangely, George did not publicise Gone Troppo at all so it didn't even make the album chart.

But dig it out. It's worth it for Unknown Delight alone.

(Dear One, on 33 and a third was also written in open tuning - A I believe - another beautiful Harrisong.)

In no specific order

It's Only Love

I'll Get You

Tomorrow Never Knows

I Feel Fine

And I Love Her