Caravan Storage Megathread

We have bought a caravan, collect it on Friday and now our storage has fallen thru, an anyone help us with somewhere to keep it for around 4 weeks maximum.

We are willing to pay for the space but most storage places are full and also require long term contract.

The big issue is we need access to it after work etc as it needs some bits doing to it.

The place we had lined up was perfect and we a gutted it has fallen thru.

If anyone can help at all please get in touch. The closer to S6 the better.

Thanks

Hi,

does anyone know of any storage for a caravan in the Swallonest, Aston, dinnington area?

thanks

I'm pretty sure South Yorkshire Caravans in Dinnington do.

try walkers holdings halfway along owday lane near dinnington, £250 a year and always lots of people there in the daytime. alarms, dogs etc at night time.

phone Bill walker on: 07785 302644

Don't go to South Yorkshire caravans at Dinnington. Someone tried to break into our cravan while it was in storage there. Did over £1000 worth of damage to the door trying to get in. There were 2 others actually broken into the same night as well. We moved it straight away to Romley. It's very secure there and just off the motorway at Barlborough. The owners live on site and work there.

http://www.romleycaravanstorage.co.uk/

Chesterfield road, barlborough, one junction down from Aston.

I would have thought Sheffield Caravans would be the obvious choice, since it's in Swallownest.

Pricewise it's about average (it's also where mine lives)

Sheffield Caravans are quite restrictive on the times you can move your van, that's why we didn't put ours on there. The van has to be back in storage by 4.30 on a Sunday afternoon (IIRC), most of the time we are back by then, but what would happen if you got stuck in a traffic jam. We can't store ours at home, so we had to have 24 hour access.

I need to put my van into storage and am wandering what places are good, and cheap?

Many Thanks

I'm presuming you want to store yours locally? As for us we have ours stored at a place in N. Yorkshire and it costs us £6 per week