What happened to these coach companies?

Reg Drabble's fleet varied, usually 2 or 3 at a time.

Reg Drabble used to live in (or part of it) a huge house at the Grimesthorpe Road/Torbay Road junction. He later moved house to nearby Scott Road but don't recall where he garaged the coaches.

138 Scott Road is the address given in Trade Directories...

hi nimrod arthur kitson also had kitsons garage and transport at the bottom of herries rd which is now charlie browns and brammalls gold room,under brammalls siign is kitsons name,yes its still there.hi hillsboro,what about eagle coaches on bradfield rd it was run by warringtons in the fifties.I have the printing blocks for the letterheads.

In response to post#15 (some years ago !) I remember travelling in a couple of Eagle coaches in the late 40's. They were private charters, the first was to Scarborough in a Bedford OB (1947/1948) also in a half-cab Atkinson (larger seating capacity) to Darlington maybe a year later. Cannot find any information online about the 'Atkinson', my memory is that new vehicles were difficult to obtain at that time and Nationalisation played some part. I know it's a long shot but was there a change of ownership or did just the name change?

Does anyone recall Talbot Coaches ?

Eagle Coaches, as run by the Warrington family packed up in 1955. They ran some Bedford WTBs into the 1950s along with a couple of OBs. No Atkinson though, their half-cab was a Tilling-Stevens reg KWJ 141.

In response to post#15 (some years ago !) I remember travelling in a couple of Eagle coaches in the late 40's. They were private charters, the first was to Scarborough in a Bedford OB (1947/1948) also in a half-cab Atkinson (larger seating capacity) to Darlington maybe a year later. Cannot find any information online about the 'Atkinson', my memory is that new vehicles were difficult to obtain at that time and Nationalisation played some part. I know it's a long shot but was there a change of ownership or did just the name change?

Does anyone recall Talbot Coaches ?

I recall Talbot's being a haulage company, did they have coaches too ?

...hi hillsboro,what about eagle coaches on bradfield rd it was run by warringtons in the fifties...
Yes indeed (better late than never.;)). Here is their advertisement in a 1950 Kelly’s Directory. The firm is still listed in the 1954 directory but later ones show "Warringtons Transport (1955) Ltd" in Bradfield Road as you and Martin I indicated.

Eagle Coaches, as run by the Warrington family packed up in 1955. They ran some Bedford WTBs into the 1950s along with a couple of OBs. No Atkinson though, their half-cab was a Tilling-Stevens reg KWJ 141.

Thank you for the details, that Tilling-Stevens must have been the coach I was referring to as the 1948 registration fits the time period so well.The driver seemed very proud of his vehicle as I recall.

The reason I said 'Atkinson' was because the plate on the top of the radiator grill stuck in my mind as that name rather than Tilling-Stevens but in my defense it was a long time ago!

I recall Talbot's being a haulage company, did they have coaches too ?

There was certainly a cream and red coach, which I believed to be new, garaged somewhere in the Pitsmoor-Grimesthorpe area in the late 40's to 50's as well as their lorries. Not aware there were others though.

Talbot also ran a few coaches - 4 at the most at any one time. Based in Montford Road, they packed up at the end of 1957.

No one has mentioned Park Garage Ltd at Swallownest - they had 7 coaches, one AEC and the rest Commers

Did school runs, runs to 3 collieries, working mens club trips, football trips, fishing trips, Sunday trips to the coast etc

No idea when they closed but owned by Roberts Earl Ltd Transport

Regards - from hot and sunny Malaysia

They sold up in 1966. Just packed up and sold off the fleet.

Must have been later Martin because I was still going there until 1966/67 and my father was there until at least 1969 and the coaches were still in operation then

Regards - Victor Marshall Hutchinson - Malaysia

Eric Sims ran some coaches, cant remember where from, we used to live near him.