How long does it take to get a council house on priority?

'Keeping on at them' won't make a difference if there aren't the properties available. You said in another thread http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showpost.php?p=3536053&postcount=96 that you got a management decision for personal reasons - that probably speeded up the process and got you what you wanted. Unless you want to explain to people how to get the same treatment, then they are unlikely to have the same outcome as you.

i got lots of people involved which does help (health visitors, doctors ect)

i got lots of people involved which does help (health visitors, doctors ect)

Exactly! People who can provide proof of medical problems.

This is a totally different way of "getting lots of people involved" than, say, going to The Star. If you got a newspaper involved, nothing would happen as they're not able to provide evidence as to why you need rehousing quickly.

One doctor is better than 4 newspapers.

Exactly! People who can provide proof of medical problems.

This is a totally different way of "getting lots of people involved" than, say, going to The Star. If you got a newspaper involved, nothing would happen as they're not able to provide evidence as to why you need rehousing quickly.

One doctor is better than 4 newspapers.

That's v true, all i'm saying is if you have children & are in emergency accomodation, that can affect your children & then health visitors will speak to homefinders ect...

If your along way from family, friends childrens schools, that can affect your health especially when your a single parent, then thats when doctors will get involved... :)

took me 15 months and i was on very high priority due to ex been violent to me. and i had 4 kids at home then . ita a kinda joke some times . good luck . ps just drink all the booze

I got priority on medical grounds last june, and got offered a house a couple of weeks ago, which we have since moved into. We left a 3 bed and got another 3 bed in the same village which is perfect for us. We had to move as our previous property couldnt be adapted for wheelchair access. Our new property isnt adapted - but can be done very easily, which is why we bidded on it. We also had a social worker ring up the housing on our behalf, simply to let them know that it would be suitable. We've been very lucky, I expected it to take longer.

I got priority on medical grounds last june, and got offered a house a couple of weeks ago, which we have since moved into. We left a 3 bed and got another 3 bed in the same village which is perfect for us. We had to move as our previous property couldnt be adapted for wheelchair access. Our new property isnt adapted - but can be done very easily, which is why we bidded on it. We also had a social worker ring up the housing on our behalf, simply to let them know that it would be suitable. We've been very lucky, I expected it to take longer.

Good news - it just goes to show, even with a medical need, that getting a suitable property can take time (11 months in your case). I hope the adaptation gets done quickly, and makes life more manageable.

Its nice to hear someone say they've been lucky - because for most people these days getting a suitable council home does take a bit of luck, the supply is very limited, and constantly getting less.

That's lovely news, honeyb, I'm so pleased it's good news for you!

I hope Matty loves his new house, and settles in quickly! (and that the needed adaptations happen quickly!)

That's lovely news, honeyb, I'm so pleased it's good news for you!

I hope Matty loves his new house, and settles in quickly! (and that the needed adaptations happen quickly!)

thank you! We're currently living amongst boxes and junk.....the worst part of moving house - but we'll get there!

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that someone nice and deserving moves into our old house - my parents live next door!