How long does it take to get a council house on priority?

i just got offered a welll grot bag flat, i went to look at the outside and its well um....

no security

doors kicked in

windows smashed.

me as a vunerable adult, would i have reasonable grounds to turn it down?

how would that affect my prioity status. i came from a domestic abuse situation, and id rather live back there than in that dump?

agggggghhhh

took me 2 months just to get prioity.....

(which i should really learn to spell....)

luce

i just got offered a welll grot bag flat, i went to look at the outside and its well um....

no security

doors kicked in

windows smashed.

me as a vunerable adult, would i have reasonable grounds to turn it down?

how would that affect my prioity status. i came from a domestic abuse situation, and id rather live back there than in that dump?

agggggghhhh

took me 2 months just to get prioity.....

(which i should really learn to spell....)

luce

my friend has just come out of a violent relationship & she has gone to council because is staying with family.

They told her she would have to be put at opposite side of sheffield to where she is now because its a domestic violence case.

Is this what they said to you because she only has her parents for support & wants to stay close by for help & support with her two children. :confused::help:

i couldnt get the original dom. abuse homeless person to listen

they sent me back home,

so i ended up in a homeless hostel, after one weekend of hell, with no stuff at all..... (but thats another story)

so im just on homeless priority of 6 weeks.

and im scared of even loosing my place here if i turn that down.

luce

i couldnt get the original dom. abuse homeless person to listen

they sent me back home,

so i ended up in a homeless hostel, after one weekend of hell, with no stuff at all..... (but thats another story)

so im just on homeless priority of 6 weeks.

and im scared of even loosing my place here if i turn that down.

luce

do you know the area were you have been offered the property? i ask because when we got ours we had all windows smashed the property was filthy and there was glass alover the place, the outside of the property was a total jungle and stunk like a sewer [please mind my spelling]. but as soon as we moved in we had no trouble with having windows smashed or being abused or anything. we new the area thats the only reason why we took the property otherwise i would have rather been back at the hotel until another came up. so i think you'd be fine if u no the area aslong as you get the council to sort the windows and other stuff before you move in plus if the flat is a mess inside you can get decorating allowence to do up the flat.

its gleadless valley

i was scared of being there.

even under the "old system" it wouldnt appear on my choices. under the new "choice" system........ it was put on my bidding list AFTER the end of the bids for this last week, (you can see G.V on my previous weeks have been way down the list of my preference)

so much for choice.

im just scared of being made homeless, but i cant jump from the frying pan into the fire.

luce

its gleadless valley

even under the "old system" it wouldnt appear on my choices. under the new "choice" system........ it was put on my bidding list AFTER the end of the bids for this last week, (you can see G.V on my previous weeks have been way down the list of my preference)

so much for choice.

im just scared of being made homeless, but i cant jump from the frying pan into the fire.

luce

All parts of Sheffield have their good and bad bits. I lived at Gleadless valley for 3 years and never had any trouble. You say you're homeless and in NEED of a roof over your head, surely a property at Gleadless is better than no property at all?

despite what people are saying me and my wife got homeless priority, from start to moving in it only took 12 weeks, we went down to the council told them which areas we didn't want to live in, they told us to bid on the houses in the areas we did want to live and we would get one in one of them and we did.

p.s they told us that it would be 18 weeks from the date you get homeless priority

its gleadless valley

so much for choice.

luce

have you explained you dont want to be in g.v and explained why cus when we applied for prioroty we had options to choose from. and im sure they wouldnt put you there if you were abused there.

despite what people are saying me and my wife got homeless priority, from start to moving in it only took 12 weeks, we went down to the council told them which areas we didn't want to live in, they told us to bid on the houses in the areas we did want to live and we would get one in one of them and we did.

p.s they told us that it would be 18 weeks from the date you get homeless priority

you were very lucky then :) we lived in a hotel for a month and got to know the managment very well and he also said its very rare to get were you want.

im just scared to live there full stop.

not to do with abuse or anything. I suffer from agraphobia and would be scared to leave the flat.

would do wonders for my mental health...

not...

luce

and plse dont b negative bout homelessness ty.

that wasnt aimed at you

see above about roof over my head.........

luce