What is the Best Gym in Sheffield?

Green's just off Eccy road. Massive gym, pool, 3 jacuzzi's at 3 different temp's, sauna, steam room, a variety of classes and I pay £36 a month to use it anytime of the day apart from 5pm-8pm which I personally think is great value.

-Michael

anybody know of any gyms around broomhill/hallamshire hospital area??

My Oh goes to Flex Fitness Gym at Southey Green, There is no membership fee, £2.50 a go and the guys there are great. It must be good as my OH is nearly as big as a house!!!

anybody know of any gyms around broomhill/hallamshire hospital area??

You used to be able to go to the Goodwin gym at Sheffield Uni. Not sure if they still let non students in?

You used to be able to go to the Goodwin gym at Sheffield Uni. Not sure if they still let non students in?

That would be the S10 gym and yes they do.

Greens/ Virgin are good gyms but quite costly...

What kind of thing do you do at the gym?

i go to in trim on manor top u get to chat to someone bout wot u want to achieve they give u a one2one personal training session every month and they r just starting group personal training which will be every week if u want they dont av a pool or owt but they av a sauna and its 33 pound a month.

i go to Esporta on Archer Rd. It is expensive but they have good facilities and a creche for kids.

my 20p about Virgin Actives pool facilities (or lack of):

I was really disappointed by the pool (and spa) at virgin active, due to it being a gym primarily the pool isn't properly maintained and is instead pumped with incredible amounts of chlorine. I swim fairly regularly at ponds forge/goodwin pools but within 5 minutes of being in either the spa or the pool my eyes were streaming due to the chlorine levels. Also it is 1.4 m deep across the whole pool (IIRC), and considering the premium you pay for the gym I felt a bit let down by the quality.

(for the record I'm not a member I was on a day pass)

I've just joined fitness unlimited which allows you access to ponds forge, don valley, hillsborough and concord gyms and swimming pools where applicable. seems quite good and a bargain especially with my corporate membership - who'd have thought work would come in handy with something.

Yes very good value £22.99 a month

Yes very good value £22.99 a month

It will be even better when the new gym is up and running.