Anyone from Wybourn?

im from whybourn

hi lived on wybourn in 1960s my whole family come from wybourn, some of my family still do my maiden name was Bark an we lived on the corner of manor oaks place ( just on from bill's shop ) had alot of happy memories there also at school really enjoyed it lol some of my teachers where Mr Finch, Mr Riley, Mr Bland was the head teacher ect nice to here from the wybourn people there was nothing wrong with us just good folk

Hi noticed Burnards mentioned but didn't recognise any of the names my mum lived on wybourn when she was younger they were quite a big family (Burnards)Ann, Julie,Rose,Brenda,Kath,June,Robert,Arthur and Kenneth Nan's name was Annie she passed away when my mum was 7 .I know one of my aunts went to Hurfield comp but really have no other info as i've never thought to ask :loopy:

I can remember the Burnards our garden backed onto theirs. Parents were called Ethel & Charlie 3 sons Roy Brian David. Dave and I were big mates he went to live in skeggy.

Can also remember the Sirs John & Fay came from the old Kelvin, Fay was ethels sister they later moved from the Kelvin to Fox Hill

Also pals with Mick & Ann Checkley (twins)

Hope this is of some help.

FRB

What year was this? My mum's family are Burnards but those names don't ring any bells. My mum's 52 now and as far as i know they lived there from a young age :)

this is a message for redted50 have sent you a private message hope you have received it if not just go through kitch 57 again and i will try to contact you ( they are my brothers)

Look out for Julian Antonio McKenzie's fab new book about his life growing up on the Wybourn. His book, Wybourn Black, is out today. More info: http://www.acmretro.com

It's on sale from The Star Shop and other book outlets

Are you a Burkinshaw?

Jayne

any relation to stan burkinshaw ?

A few old names off Wybourn.BETTS,SENIOR,LUCAS,JUBBS,SHAWS,HARPERS WALKERS, TURNERS.TEATHERS,COOPERS,CARNALL,HESSION,HOBSON,CHADWICK,CASTLE,MASON ,

BULLIMORE,FIELDHOUSE,ROPER,I could go on and on............

I come from darnall but knew a few lads there arnold bullymore, stan burkinshaw, ? adams to name a few

hi yes was born manor oaks place 1965 .father frank bowling.. had 7 brothers and four sisters.cousins collins were off manor too.lost two brothers mick and frank ..used to be outside cricketers inn sundays with horse and cart .anyone remember!!!!!!!!!!!! feel old memories.

Went on to wybourn 1948 on maltravers terrace near the bus stop first real house we had up to then we used to rent peoples attics and cellars thought we were real posh. Any of you real oldies remember Charlie Mills his horse and cart selling fruit and veg round the estate

yes I remember Charlie Mills he had a big boozers nose or was that the horse I lived on Manor Oaks Rd next but one house to the gennel cutting across to Manor Lane Think we moved there about 1948 left Wybourn School 1955. We thought our house was wonderful after moving from a back to back with toilet at the bottom of the yard.Heaven was having indoor loo and bathroom instead of tin bath in front of fire on a friday night. Oh happy days.

i remember the dunstans ! used to live near the cemetary gates (back end ) i used to go with my nan to visit as a child

Did they have a daughter called christine