Anyone from Wybourn?

hi no not a Burkinshaw

oops sorry :blush: barking up the wrong tree!

We lived on Maltravers, but used to knock about on Saunders/Manor Oaks Close etc, and knew a few people.

Jayne

born & raised at 23 Maltravers Place and left in 1969 to live on the Arbourthorne. Knew the Roberts, Bolsovers and the Wildings, one of who was called Steven (if my memory serves me right) who was tragically killed whilst on his bike on Cricket Inn Road. Good days.....

yes i was born and bred on the wybourn lived on boundary road good old days

my anty still lives on there and a lot of mates

i knew the roberts wilds seronis hursts owens scotts weatherstones and the list goes on

i remmber we use to go to millhouses park on a sunday mrs ramsden use to cook a joint and the rest use to take bread and other stuff and have a picnic . them was the days

Hey all i moved onto wybourn around a year ago was dreading the thought when i was told but just wanted to say it was the best move of my life iv never felt more at home the neighbours are great its not half as bad as everyone was making out to me im originally from arbourthorne lol dont know how much worse i was expecting it 2 be but it isnt !!!

i live on manor oaks rd top of maltravers terrace nxt door to tansy !

born & raised at 23 Maltravers Place and left in 1969 to live on the Arbourthorne. Knew the Roberts, Bolsovers and the Wildings, one of who was called Steven (if my memory serves me right) who was tragically killed whilst on his bike on Cricket Inn Road. Good days.....

i knocked about with a pal who lived at no 14

Lived on Saunders Rd in 80's

i live on wybourn hse rd lived here with my partner 13 years .my partner has lived on the same rd all her life

mum was born and lived on wybourn ,her family are the dunstans

if memory serves me right i know of a reene dunstan. lived near the windsor pub if its the same one she and my sister josie was best mates they worked to gether i think at a place called pickerings . they both met there hubbys together they were best mates to . do i have the right one

i was born on whites lane 1966 - does anyone remember my dads family his name was tom lee

I lived on the wybourn from 1955 till 1978.Loved every minute of it.My brother still lives on top wybourn,and I see a lot of lads I used to go to school with.Unfortunatley,its usually at funerals.

Lived on Saunders place,then moved to Maltravers road when the council did the houses up.We got a proper kitchen and central heating.It were great throwing away all them itchy army blankets we had to pile on the bed to keep us all warm in winter.Memories :rolleyes:heh,heh.