Anyone from Wybourn?

I was born in 68 on the Hyde park. Moved onto the Wybourn not long after to Manor Oaks close then went to live on Wragg Rd. when my mam went to live in Chapel St. Leonards. Came to live in NW Spain in 97. Been back a few times to see my grans on Saunders road & Wybourn house Rd. All the young úns thought I was CID & I didn´t recognize hardly anybody,it´s a joke thinking that I´m CID considering who my brother is!!

I was born in 68 on the Hyde park. Moved onto the Wybourn not long after to Manor Oaks close then went to live on Wragg Rd. when my mam went to live in Chapel St. Leonards. Came to live in NW Spain in 97. Been back a few times to see my grans on Saunders road & Wybourn house Rd. All the young úns thought I was CID & I didn´t recognize hardly anybody,it´s a joke thinking that I´m CID considering who my brother is!!

How long ago did you live on wragg rd?

Did a moonlight just over 11 year ago.

Did a moonlight just over 11 year ago.

Didn`t we all!!:D:wave:

i lived on maltravers place number 7,i was born there,i knew the wildings,caseys,reids,roberts,bolsovers,bob and nellie shepherd had the shop,they had pat and robert jr. Can anyone remember mrs myers shop?opposite side to shepherds,my maiden name was proctor,:)

My mams family came from the Wybourn their surname was Surr also had aunties who lived on Southend Road who's surname was Checkley and the other Burnard any one know them?

Ex wybournite here as well.

We lived on Maltravers road, along with the Tuckers, Jewels, and Watsons.

Some of my family still live there. God we had some good times!!

Jayne

My mams family came from the Wybourn their surname was Surr also had aunties who lived on Southend Road who's surname was Checkley and the other Burnard any one know them?

I can remember the Burnards our garden backed onto theirs. Parents were called Ethel & Charlie 3 sons Roy Brian David. Dave and I were big mates he went to live in skeggy.

Can also remember the Sirs John & Fay came from the old Kelvin, Fay was ethels sister they later moved from the Kelvin to Fox Hill

Also pals with Mick & Ann Checkley (twins)

Hope this is of some help.

FRB

I can remember the Burnards our garden backed onto theirs. Parents were called Ethel & Charlie 3 sons Roy Brian David. Dave and I were big mates he went to live in skeggy.

Can also remember the Sirs John & Fay came from the old Kelvin, Fay was ethels sister they later moved from the Kelvin to Fox Hill

Also pals with Mick & Ann Checkley (twins)

Hope this is of some help.

FRB

:)Thats right, you probably knew me too I used to go up often with my Mam (Fay) and Dad with my brothers. Sadly a good few are dead now, Ethel and Charlie you would know about I think and my Mam and Dad and Uncle John have gone aswell. Did you have a sister called Susan and another brother?

Yes, Sue still lives on the Wybourn Pete lives at Loxley

Sadly both our parents are gone.

Not sure but i think your youngest brother was called steven, remember playing footie with him in charlies garden.

Do you ever hear from Dave?.

FRB

No sorry only see David at funerals nowadays, altho I believe one of my many other cousins is in touch with him as they go to his caravan site.

By the way Steve is my older brother I have three of them and had a younger sister as well but sadly she is no longer with us.

Hope all your family are well and I bet your all grandparents as well, just the same as us it really doesn't seem that long ago we were coming up to Wybourn on a Sunday afternoons but it must be over 40 years now.

i was born and bred on wybourn, bassett rd,southend rd and also wragg rd used to love it there.