Accident on Chesterfield Road

yes two different incidents, one was a crash which happened yesterday.

I don`t think anyone was being horrible vanos, I just think people were confused as to what had happened to the thread.

There were posts on the other thread which were to do with the accident today, and not yesterday's incident, so that could well be why ....

An argument over an arranged marriage. One group turned up with shooters and during the fight one managed to get stuck under a car.

No one in the Crown was involved although for some reason the Police decided to film us without any decent reason given.

Another example of increasing gun crime in the area.

Just to clear things up as I was the OP on one of the threads....

Two unrelated threads have been merged. One about an accident yesterday (Saturday) near Somerfield - blocked traffic for a while. The other is something that happened between Albert and Valley roads this afternoon (Sunday) about 4pm. Obviously serious, and lots of police about. Reports that it's a crime scene , but nothing official as yet. Chesterfield Road was blocked - may still be - with lots of congestion on surrounding roads. Not sure if mods can demerge the threads, as it's obviously confusing - especially as an early post refers to Chesterfield road being clear, which it isn't.

I stopped to see if I could help, must have been 2-3 mins after it had happened. Thought it was a kid that had been hit at first. There were alot of people milling about and one guy did look like he had been in a fight - bashed up eye and lip. I managed to flag down an ambulance that was passing and even though they had someone in the back, they stopped to help until the other ambulance arrived. As the guy was under the car, but I don't think they were able to do anything until the fire brigade got there. It really didn't look good. I just felt so useless.

Does anyone know anything more about what happened?

My thoughts go out to the family and friends of those involved...

I was at the United match today, and to make things even more confusing, there was an announcement at half time to say there had been a serious incident on London Road and the road was closed in both directions near The Crown.

no speculation - just an up date - was driving back from west yorkshire just now, and the road is still closed at heeley bridge, "oh i wonder why that is" i think - "i'll have to drive by virgin gym under the railway bridge there" - but that's shut too....

I don't know how accurate this is and am certainly not trying to stir anything up (because I do realise this is my first post, and it might be taken that way)...

Anyway, I passed the incident earlier today in a car and later was told from a pretty reliable source that a fight had occurred between two groups of people (allegedly one group was mainly black, and the other mainly asian) - and someone had deliberately ran another person over during the fight.

But regardless of the ins and outs, it's terrible when these things happen in our city - and surely our thoughts must go out to the family, and the community.

Chesterfield Rd is still closed. Just (a few mins ago) spoke to the police man that was stopping traffic from going down Chesterfield Rd at Woodseats and he said he wasn't allowed to tell me what had happened.

Dreadful incident and it's interesting reading the various views by several ppl which shows how the rumour mill works :D. Best to wait for the press release but for those who live in the area who use this road try to plan a different route to work tomorrow :thumbsup:

I was at the United match today, and to make things even more confusing, there was an announcement at half time to say there had been a serious incident on London Road and the road was closed in both directions near The Crown.

That is not confusing, The road is called London road, the crown pub is where the road changes it's name to Chesterfield road. Clearly London road and Chesterfield road are both closed at heeley bottom.