Benefit thief - Should I report them?

but make sure 100% they are working as i used to work 13 hours aweek and you can still sign on !!! i didn't get any money from benifits though as i earned more .

so maybe don't jump to conculsions , i had some one report me but the Dss knew where i was , what i was doing etc

yes id do the same report it,

By Phone, please ring the Benefit Fraudline Freephone on 0800 083 7060.

All calls will be treated in complete confidence.

By E-mail to [email protected], please enter 'Counter Fraud' in the subject field.

In writing, if you wish the notify us in writing, please send correspondence to:

Sheffield City Council

The Benefits Fraud Section

PO Box 1310

Sheffield

S1 1UY

And if the benefits involved are Jobcentre Plus benefits and not neccessarily Council related (which I suspect is the case here from the OP), then call the National Benefit Fraud Hotline on 0800 854440.

You won't be asked to give any of your own details, and it wouldn't make any difference if you did anyway, as once you've given the information, that's your bit done. You won't be able to 'follow up' your allegation.

Also remember that specific information is required. Just saying "X is working, by the way." isn't enough to warrant an investigation. You need to say where they work (if you know), or if they go out, or return at regular times, if they're picked up by the same vehicle, if they use a vehicle, that sort of thing.

The officer on the phone will ask you these sorts of questions, but best to have as much information at hand when/if you call.

Up to you now, mate.

I've been doing voluntary work for years while being in reciept of disability benefits, am I on the fiddle?! No!

And apparently depending on what he gets, you are allowed to do up to 16 hours of work for no more than £80 a week under teh rules.

That's what I've been told anyway.

I've been doing voluntary work for years while being in reciept of disability benefits, am I on the fiddle?! No!

And apparently depending on what he gets, you are allowed to do up to 16 hours of work for no more than £80 a week under teh rules.

That's what I've been told anyway.

They're parts of the rules for Incapacity Benefit, Rich. The rules are very different for other benefits. In fact, of course, if the benefit involved is DLA, then s/he can work as much as they like and still claim it.

As people have said, s/he could be declaring it, or s/he may not even be claiming for that matter, but if the OP suspects something is wrong, then in my opinion, it should be reported.

Stop that bouncing you're making me dizzy!:rant:

U dun it nao.....I's a vishus tyger RAWR!!11! :hihi:

I guess the OP means this person is collecting Benefits and working 'under the table' not paying taxes.

I guess the OP means this person is collecting Benefits and working 'under the table' not paying taxes.

Yep, that's exactly what i mean!

Whilst I can sympathise with a few of the posts on this thread I have grave misgivings about the "tone" of some replies. It smacks of Daily Mail, Express,etc hysteria and most of it, I believe, is little more then divide and rule tactics on behalf of the establishment.

Yes, it is enequivocally wrong to steal, but why pick on those at the bottom of society's heirarchy alone?

We have something called the Civil List which gives megabucks annually to one of the most dysfunctional bunch of layabouts it is possible to imagine. As if that were'nt enough it adds insult to injury when the matriarch of this family is already one of the richest people in the land.

How many of you would like to be able to set your own pay and conditions in the manner your elected representatives enjoy?

What about the £250 million WEEKLY spent on prosecuting a war that can NEVER be won whilst killing and maiming our youth?

I'm not standing up for scroungers here, let me hasten to add. What I am trying to do is introduce a sense of perspective to this thread which hitherto reads like page 1 to 7 of the aforementioned rags.

No doubt I will not be Mr. Popular with these opinions but at least I hope you wake up to the FACT that the welfare budget in total is a mere drop in the ocean when compared to the main areas of Government "waste".

Discuss please.

Whilst I can sympathise with a few of the posts on this thread I have grave misgivings about the "tone" of some replies. It smacks of Daily Mail, Express,etc hysteria and most of it, I believe, is little more then divide and rule tactics on behalf of the establishment.

Yes, it is enequivocally wrong to steal, but why pick on those at the bottom of society's heirarchy alone?

We have something called the Civil List which gives megabucks annually to one of the most dysfunctional bunch of layabouts it is possible to imagine. As if that were'nt enough it adds insult to injury when the matriarch of this family is already one of the richest people in the land.

How many of you would like to be able to set your own pay and conditions in the manner your elected representatives enjoy?

What about the £250 million WEEKLY spent on prosecuting a war that can NEVER be won whilst killing and maiming our youth?

I'm not standing up for scroungers here, let me hasten to add. What I am trying to do is introduce a sense of perspective to this thread which hitherto reads like page 1 to 7 of the aforementioned rags.

No doubt I will not be Mr. Popular with these opinions but at least I hope you wake up to the FACT that the welfare budget in total is a mere drop in the ocean when compared to the main areas of Government "waste".

Discuss please.

MOD NOTE

If you wish to start an new topic related to the post you have just made, please start your own thread.

This thread is to answer the OP's question re reporting and alleged benefit thief, not the fairness of the establishment in general.