Benefit thief - Should I report them?

When I worked in a Jobcentre, I turned a blind eye to people who had said "My uncle gave me a tenner to clear his garden", that sort of thing.

Yes and Jobcentre staff abide by the rules.

Hypocrite

To do both is stealing MY money. I go to work and pay stupid amounts of tax to keep this guy. Not a problem if he genuinley needs the benefit, but as he is claiming he cannot work, and quite clearly is doing, there is an issue here.

If you personally are paying him I think you should sue him for your money back. :rolleyes:

Yes and Jobcentre staff abide by the rules.

Hypocrite

I'm not getting into another argument with you, but it's ironic that in one place you complain of Jobcentre staff being ogres, seemingly obsessed with paperwork, and in the next you complain about someone who very occassionally had bouts of temporary deafness.

Gimme a break. Some of us have a heart, you know!

To return to the OP, and clarify my earlier point, there's a world of difference between 'not hearing' that a bloke (usually middle aged and very proud), who's nearly emptying his bowels because he's that scared that someone might find out that he was given a tenner once in a blue moon, and some scrote earning a working wage and taking from the communal pot.

The big difference is that the rich are stealing millions and those who are working and claiming are just trying to earn enough to live.

The rich steal for greed, those on benefit steal for need.

This is harking back to the Victorian era so loved by Mrs Thatcher where stealing food was a major crime. The person stole just to stay alive, but this wasn't considered to be a good enough reason and were still given harsh punishments.

Keith

I am sorry but I cannot agree the person in question here is stealing for greed, like I mentioned before I know single mums that struggle to work long hours and look after their kids and to pay the bills they don't steal money from the state and survive quite well and are proud of the fact. The amount of money stolen may vary massively between the "rich & the "poor" but don't be conned into believing that the poor little benefit cheat is stealing for need its a crock he/she is also stealing for greed just on a different level if others survive on minimum wage why cant he? All a benefit cheat is doing is stealing from the hard working/not so hard working tax payer and at the same time giving a bad name to genuine claimants I can understand people being angry that the rich seem to make up their own rules to get away with things like this but that shouldn't detract from the fact the person the op is talking about is a thief and is breaking the law.

Bang them up in prison then. Only build them first! Raise the Council Tax and Income Tax put VAT on food to pay for the costs and to pay for the Social Workers for the family of the man in prison and the new prison, built to EEC standards of course! Employ more call centre staff, to deal with the hotline, they must be overworked if the adverts are working. Chase people who claim the JSA and the others, use the police, do they need to chase rapists? And put more money in the court system so some judge can laugh at the working class.

Chop his finger off. they used to do it in the past. They use to put a big P (on you) for pauper for being poor, sugest bring it back to some tory MP.

Hanging true story.. Pickpocket being hanged in London, he dies, but the judge watching had his watch nicked!

Bang them up in prison then. Only build them first! Raise the Council Tax and Income Tax put VAT on food to pay for the costs and to pay for the Social Workers for the family of the man in prison and the new prison, built to EEC standards of course! Employ more call centre staff, to deal with the hotline, they must be overworked if the adverts are working. Chase people who claim the JSA and the others, use the police, do they need to chase rapists? And put more money in the court system so some judge can laugh at the working class.

Chop your arm off while you've got the time.

So....you're saying that cheating benefits out of the system is ok, then?

Shop them all i say, what state would the country be in if we all fiddled the system.

Your Quick I was still editing it!

NO I'm saying that a choice has to be made from bitting the hand that feeds you and revenge. It's his choice the bloke that saw the person possibly working. I would make sure first in his case. No I would not report him myself, the system is open to abuse because it's wrong.

Shop them all i say, what state would the country be in if we all fiddled the system.

Better off

Ask Richard Branson he fiddle his tax or read his book

Better off

Ask Richard Branson he fiddle his tax or read his book

Im quite certain we'd be up the creek.

I think that a distinction needs to be made here between people who take benefits, only to then find that it does not cover their outgoings, and people who take benefits, and want more money, so decide to work, whilst claiming they cannot.

I would not "shop" a genuine single mum who struggles on benefits to feed herself and her children, pay the rent etc. However if some chav-ete has got herself banged up just to get a council flat i would.

The person in my situation is just plain greedy. Knowing them as i do, and the fact that they have bragged about their purchases with the extra money they have gained annoys me. They are claiming benefits saying they cannot afford normal council rent, claiming they have a disability, and claiming income support saying their income is too low to survive. This work out at around £300 per week. Plenty for a single person in a council flat on housing benefit to eat, cloth and generally pay the bills and look after themselves. Not content with this,the person in question has taken on (possibly) paid employment, which has enabled them to purchase an XBox (£250) and a 19" LCD Monitor (£120). So that to me tells me that they are greedy.

If this person had have said to me "look Avalon, i cant afford to live on the money my benefits pay" and had genuine issues living then i would have been more inclined to turn a blind eye. As this is not the case i struggle to just walk on by.

I think that a distinction needs to be made here between people who take benefits, only to then find that it does not cover their outgoings, and people who take benefits, and want more money, so decide to work, whilst claiming they cannot.

I would not "shop" a genuine single mum who struggles on benefits to feed herself and her children, pay the rent etc. However if some chav-ete has got herself banged up just to get a council flat i would.

The person in my situation is just plain greedy. Knowing them as i do, and the fact that they have bragged about their purchases with the extra money they have gained annoys me. They are claiming benefits saying they cannot afford normal council rent, claiming they have a disability, and claiming income support saying their income is too low to survive. This work out at around £300 per week. Plenty for a single person in a council flat on housing benefit to eat, cloth and generally pay the bills and look after themselves. Not content with this,the person in question has taken on (possibly) paid employment, which has enabled them to purchase an XBox (£250) and a 19" LCD Monitor (£120). So that to me tells me that they are greedy.

If this person had have said to me "look Avalon, i cant afford to live on the money my benefits pay" and had genuine issues living then i would have been more inclined to turn a blind eye. As this is not the case i struggle to just walk on by.

In which case I think you already knew the answer to your question. It is interesting to notice that you use the word 'possibly' however.

It's also possibly useful to remind people that if the disability benefit being claimed is DLA, then this is paid on top of benefits, OR paid earnings. It's not means tested, but is there to help ALL people with disabilities, many of which aren't always visible.

Again my friend, go where your conscience takes you.