Sanctuary housing modernisations in Shiregreen.

Just moved back into my house after three months in a decant house and i would advise anyone thinking of moving out while the work is being done NOT to. I refused to move back in on the original date because they had made such a mess of things. The outside of the house was like a building site there had been no attempt to clean any of it. The walls that were due to be plastered have just been patched up (by a three year old by the looks of things) The list is endless no flooring, wrong tiles, flooring and paint. Lights not working or not there at all. Fire not working. lumps out of existing plaster work. Nails in sills and lumps knocked off. Every wall in the house is covered with splashes of plaster, paint and god knows what. There is no chance of just touching up in places. I could go on forever. I was told it would be better to move back in and report faults as i came across them. I've been back two weeks and not one person has been round to do anything. I have tired the liaison countless times and also sanctuary but with no joy. Does anyone know of any one or assocciation that could help me get something done?

Give the guys at Santuary a break. They have the task of refurbing 1000's of houses on a tiny budget. Why not have a go at tidying up yourself. Touching up paintwork/repainting. Rubbing down dodgy plaster. These refurbs are not meant to be show home standards. They are bringing houses up to a decent standard and if you look at the criteria for that, repainting and replastering do not get a mention.

which bit of "it will require more than a "touch up" did you not understand, Phylis?

not everyone is sprightly, or young and able enough to deal with the aftermath of the works done.

Houses are gutted, and huge chunks of plaster etc are hewn out, it's not a small job, and not a small job to clean up and redecorate after. Even for someone fit and able.

I don't think it's a big ask for the workmen to do a proper job, not a sloppy day's work, and clean up after themselves, and leave the job in a reasonable condition.

We had ours knocked through and it`d made the kitchen really big but i have heard that they have to leave the toilet in now. If they agree to it make sure the builders know as sanctuary forgot to tell them when we had ours done. It just happened that i was in when they started so they had to get in touch with santuary to confirm it.

I really wanted ours doing , anyone know the reason they arent doing this work now? I heard they are knocking the coal place in and porch..but i thought it was against health regulations to have a toliet door straight into your kitchen?

I was told that you had to keep wc downstairs for health and safety reasons. Try contacting peter price. He`s our local MP. I have with a list of our complaints.

Why should we have to finish the work FHM started just because they can`t do a proper job. We pay our rents for that sort of thing.

I`m sure i got some jobs done because A. I was there all the time and B. I kept them in tea, coffee and bacon sarnies. It`s surprising what a bit of bribary can do.

which bit of "it will require more than a "touch up" did you not understand, Phylis?

not everyone is sprightly, or young and able enough to deal with the aftermath of the works done.

Houses are gutted, and huge chunks of plaster etc are hewn out, it's not a small job, and not a small job to clean up and redecorate after. Even for someone fit and able.

I don't think it's a big ask for the workmen to do a proper job, not a sloppy day's work, and clean up after themselves, and leave the job in a reasonable condition.

You have to beware of the fact that they are not just working on your home. Pulling workmen off one job to do another isnt right. They have to finish the job they are doing to come back and deal with (rightly or wrongly) other complaints.

Give the guys at Santuary a break. They have the task of refurbing 1000's of houses on a tiny budget. Why not have a go at tidying up yourself. Touching up paintwork/repainting. Rubbing down dodgy plaster. These refurbs are not meant to be show home standards. They are bringing houses up to a decent standard and if you look at the criteria for that, repainting and replastering do not get a mention.

I can only imagine you work for sanctuary or are assocciated with them in some way. I wasn't asking for a show home and fully expected to have to decorate but i wasn't expecting for my home to be worse now than before. You talk of the houses being brought up to a decent standard, well you call round to my home and tell whats decent about it.

In the original letter we were told that all walls would be re-plastered. When it came to the work they wouldn`t even take the old picture rail down as it would mean them having to fill the wall where it had been. I ended up doing it myself.

In the original letter we were told that all walls would be re-plastered. When it came to the work they wouldn`t even take the old picture rail down as it would mean them having to fill the wall where it had been. I ended up doing it myself.

Do they strip all the walls and need carpets and flooring up?

my father lives on Wybourn, and the liaison bod who came to survey his property for the works to be organised said that they will be rewiring the house, and will need to chisel channels into the wall, to sink the wiring deeply enough to be safe, which will kick up a lot of muck and rubble. Apparently floorboards will also need to come up for the bathroom and kitchen works, (for water piping etc) and there will need to be hole(s) cut through the wall for the new boiler's flue (again more muck and disruption for an elderly man who has emphysema)

You will need to take your carpets up in rooms but on stairs they put this sticky plastic on it. I took all mine up to be on the safe side. You don`t need to strip all your walls if you don`t want but i did because i knew that every room would need re-decorating afterwards. Are you staying put or decanting?

You will need to take your carpets up in rooms but on stairs they put this sticky plastic on it. I took all mine up to be on the safe side. You don`t need to strip all your walls if you don`t want but i did because i knew that every room would need re-decorating afterwards. Are you staying put or decanting?

Thanks for that, I am going to try staying put, just hope I can cope as I have dogs and cats although they will kennel them I believe? I might take them up on it for the really bad days.

Might be as well to strip the walls then as they will need to be done again after as you say, I'm a bit worried about the staircase as its artex :sad:

Does the decorating allowance cover for the damage caused?

Thanks for that, I am going to try staying put, just hope I can cope as I have dogs and cats although they will kennel them I believe? I might take them up on it for the really bad days.

Might be as well to strip the walls then as they will need to be done again after as you say, I'm a bit worried about the staircase as its artex :sad:

Does the decorating allowance cover for the damage caused?

That`s new to me about them paying for kenneling. They wouldn`t pay for our cats to go in a cattery. The allowence is only for paint, paper,turps and brushes. You can get a pasting table if you need one as well. I guess you`d have to pay for artex yourself.