Why go abroad for your holidays?

Living in the Uk, I can see much of it whenever I want to and over weekends or the odd few days during a week. However, there are so many places, peoples, sights, foods, cultures and experiences in the rest of the world that I'd like to see and that is why I go abroad for all my holidays.

We like to have two weeks abroad each year to enjoy two weeks of sun, sea and all inclusive sangria. It helps recharge our batteries and we get to see a different little corner of the world.

We also love to have long weekends at the coast, Scarborough & Brid being two of our favourites. The weather isn't always great but who cares when you can get proper tea and fish & chips with a bit of bread and butter!

Both types of holidays have pro's and cons but a holiday is what you make it!

Depending on the age group will depend on the reason for going abroad. I personally go abroad, not just for the sun, but for the sea. The seas surrounding the U.K are disgusting to say the least, not to mention freezing even in 20+ degree weather. Sea sports and the sun, plus the gorgeous scenery makes abroad more appealing. Plus the flight. :D

I desperately want to leave the U.K so maybe in some twisted logic I'll holiday here if I ever manage to leave.

Attractions in Britain are best for day trips or a weekend break, not for a relaxing luxurious holiday.

We like to have two weeks abroad each year to enjoy two weeks of sun, sea and all inclusive sangria. It helps recharge our batteries and we get to see a different little corner of the world.

We also love to have long weekends at the coast, Scarborough & Brid being two of our favourites. The weather isn't always great but who cares when you can get proper tea and fish & chips with a bit of bread and butter!

Both types of holidays have pro's and cons but a holiday is what you make it!

ohh i have to agrree!!

I go abroad to experience different cultures but never go to coastal resorts unless it's somewhere like Norway, Sweden or maybe the West coast of France. I'm not keen on tourist places either because you tend to get ripped off, e.g. Rome, Paris, Madrid but I do like Berlin. I see little point in going to places like Ibiza and lying on the beach for two weeks and clubbing all through the night. It's just so plastic.

We have a touring caravan and we love to have a few days out and about here we have been to most of the cost and different parts of the country England truly is a beautiful country,that is when it does not start slashing it down and is not freezing cold,you just can not really enjoy your self when it is raining and cold and you can never rely on the sun coming out here we have had some fab times here before we like to stop on a bit longer if the weather is OK,but if you want to see a bit of life and see how other people live and get the guaranteed sun you have to go abroad, if the sun came out more here I personally would never go abroad.

I see little point in going to places like Ibiza and lying on the beach for two weeks and clubbing all through the night. It's just so plastic.

Not all beach resorts are like that. We went to Varadero a few years ago and yes we spent a lot of time on the stunning beach and drinking cocktails in the cheesy disco at night, but we also did lots of excursions.

We hired a driver to take us into the local villages and we saw some natural beauty spots which are way off the tourist trail, including an underground lagoon which we swam in. We bought fresh fruit from the farmers and we were treated to a massive lunch at a local family 'shack'. We also went to Havana and that was a real eye opener! So like I said before, holidays are what you make them!

I live here for approx 50 weeks of the year so why on earth would i want to holiday here as well?!

I love going abroad, love the airport, the flight, the lovely feeling of the warmth hitting you when you step off the plane, the clear blue sky- not a cloud in sight, the wonderfule food, the sea, the shops etc. Can't beat a foreign break in the sun for me.

I can't be doing with going abroad, buying suntan lotion and insect repellant, injections, getting to the airport, queues, passports, being rammed into a small seat on a stuffy plane. No thanks, give me the UK any day :thumbsup:

I go abroad to experience different cultures but never go to coastal resorts unless it's somewhere like Norway, Sweden or maybe the West coast of France. I'm not keen on tourist places either because you tend to get ripped off, e.g. Rome, Paris, Madrid but I do like Berlin. I see little point in going to places like Ibiza and lying on the beach for two weeks and clubbing all through the night. It's just so plastic.

We go on cruises and see different cities and countries on each day,it's only a taster but we go back to places that take our eye and book a few days there later.

Warm weather is great, but we are more culture conscious these days and we never cease to be amazed at the beauty and the wonders there are to be seen around the world.

These days i am not as mobile as i was,but i can sit on a bench by the river in Rome for hours and be transported back 2000+years just by looking at the wonders that surround me.