Wedding Dresses - Cheap designer copies from China

Just make sure when you measure the length you do it with your shoes on I made the mistake of not doing this the dresses I have are gorgeous one is too short but stunning all the same.

Good luck

My step-daughters wedding dress arrived from China this week and to be honest it was even better than expected!!! The seller on ebay was mlaixy. We asked for slight alterations which were done to our requirements. The dress cost less than £100 and has a 6' chapel train too. The embelishments are perfect, the stitching is too. In fact I would struggle to find a fault other than no "strap" on the underside of the dress for help in lifting/carrying the train so as not to damage it.

In all honesty I don't know how they do it for the money, but I'm glad they do.

I would definitely recommend that if you are still unsure, take the plunge. We must have ordered the most intricate dress there was (that I saw) and it was more than worth the gamble.

Angi

i brought my wedding dress off ebay. from a lady in china as well. before i did i looked at her feedback and the dresses which others had brought and i emailed them to see what they thought of their dresses. there were no complaints. the dress i wanted was £1500 in the shops and she made it me for £80!!! there is absolutly nothing wrong with it. in fact im thinking of starting a business even if i sell them for £300 im making a very good profit. yes there probably are some naff coppies but email people that have used them and research first.

I got mine off someone that sent it from china on ebay, I paid £120. Thats was shipping as well it fitted perfect and wass same as the one I wanted at around £1200.

Well, the wedding was a couple of weekends ago, and I can now show some photos of how the dress turned out ......... stunning in my opinion :)

DSC02976.jpg

I can't work out how to load a photo, so use the link above :)

Well, the wedding was a couple of weekends ago, and I can now show some photos of how the dress turned out ......... stunning in my opinion :)

DSC02976.jpg

I can't work out how to load a photo, so use the link above :)

The dress looks fantastic for the money, not quite the style i am wanting but the detail etc is great. Thank you for emailing me the pictures as well. Hope she had a lovely day. I really don't know what to do but for £100 its worth the risk, it may save me a grand or so. I will let you know how i get on x

The dress looks fantastic for the money, not quite the style i am wanting but the detail etc is great. Thank you for emailing me the pictures as well. Hope she had a lovely day. I really don't know what to do but for £100 its worth the risk, it may save me a grand or so. I will let you know how i get on x

You're bang on Lily1979, I don't expect the dress to be everyones taste but you can certainly see from the photo I posted here, and the other couple of pics I emailed you, that you don't get rubbish, and certainly get value for money.

Also, bare in mind that at one wedding dress shop, Lizzy was told that once she had chosen her dress, it would take 6 - 8 weeks to be delivered from China!! Gives you an idea on the mark up they're making ;)

If you are from China, Singapore or any other Asian country and have found this thread, please do not start advertising here. This is a private forum and we do not encourage advertising here. Your posts will be deleted.

As a dress maker I wouldnt reccomend buying dresses from china ,I have had to put quite a few right in the last few months,firsty one which was only tacked together at the bodice and skirt,needless to say one sharp pull and the dress would have fallen apart,number 2 dress the sides seams on the skirt was not in line with the bodice seams (at least 6inches away) which meant I had to unpick the dress and realign it,no 3 dress lots off lovely sparkly adornments all falling off ,had to stitch most of them back on and then there was one were the lining hadnt been sewn together I could carry on but hope you brides have got the message,Most brides have to have their dresses altered mainly because of the legnth wich is acceptable but buy from china at your own risk

Good luck Clare

Said it before, and will say it again. You will only hear the bad about the China dresses, never mind the hundreds that are perfect! Where do you think the shops get them from? My step-daughters was just shy of £100 and would have cost easily more that £1000 in a shop.

Even if something did need sorting, the cost of that wouldn't be anywhere near what the dress would have cost in a shop.

I am more than happy to share pics of the dress we got ..... absolutely stunning, made to measure and perfect in every way :D

Hi Girls,

I looked at a few from China but as my wedding was bit last minute I didn't have time to wait for the shipping.... the dress above on photobucket does look GORGEOUS!!! (pretty lady!!) .... I also think if you have time then it's worth a try (you could always try to re-sell if you're not happy).

Mine is for sale on ebay at the minute - there seem to be quite a few second hand ones on there- so girls if you are looking for a bargain I would recommend that- or there is a site called something like - sellmyweddindress.com which is good as you can search under designers names and also post a 'wanted' add. :-)

My soon to be sister in law got hers from china via ebay. The first was too small as her thighs are very big compared to her waist and hips, the second was the wrong colour (her fault)-she sold them on. She ordered the third slightly too big and got it altered here. In all she paid £100 (after selling the unwanted ones) and is very happy with the final product. You need to leave plenty of time and be prepared to get it altered here (probably best to order slightly too big) but it seems a good deal.