Damaged car due to refuse lorry

What else do they do? Reverse back down the road, take a de-tour because of a car in the way. No, they move it with the lorry. Why not?

We have had our car damaged numerous of times before realising it was the bin men, then we moved our car more onto the path the night before. Sorted then.

Because as you have pointed out - how do you move a car with a bin lorry without damaging it??

Bin men have no more right to damage other peoples possessions than a bus driver or HGV driver. i cant believe you bent over for these vandals.

accidents are accidents, fair enough.

Ginas post suggested they should be able to just pile thro and sod the consequences. Causing criminal damage...

I never suggested that. I said, move the car. Park it half way on the path, half road. Shift the cars. Not the bin mens problem is it. You'd all be jumping around, starting threads, complaining if they were not to empty your bin. But it could've been your fault, it wasn't emptied.

Then again.. on saying that the bin men should pile through and sod everyone else, I think that's pretty much a good idea. Yes, the binmen company will cover it by insurance but it'll teach the idiots who park dodgy. :)

Because as you have pointed out - how do you move a car with a bin lorry without damaging it??

Bin men have no more right to damage other peoples possessions than a bus driver or HGV driver. i cant believe you bent over for these vandals.

They HAVE to damage it, unless the owner doesn't realise. It's not their faults. It's their jobs, if your job was something like... "Drive to london and back, within 3 days" But there were traffic jams allover the motorways, what do you do? Sit there and wait. Or go home and leave it?

But the latter would mean you're now, unemployed. You'd stay and wait. Hence the binmen think eff it, and keep on driving.

I never suggested that. I said, move the car. Park it half way on the path, half road. Shift the cars.

Its actually illegal parking. They used to park like that round here. Till they started getting ticketed for it.

They HAVE to damage it, unless the owner doesn't realise. It's not their faults. It's their jobs,.

Are you crazy?

A day later - everyone is still arguing amongst themselves and we still don't know whether Holly6's car was actually damaged or just moved!

The only vehicle thats allowed to do this and is tested for its ability is fire engines. They've got to be able to shift 5 cars, with their handbrakes on.

Didn't know that:thumbsup:

Its actually illegal parking. They used to park like that round here. Till they started getting ticketed for it.

Typical council then. As usual.

No, you can't park your car half on the path half on road. You'll get a ticket. Ok, park it on the road and one of their hugeee lorrys comes and bumps it.

Are you crazy?

Nope, i'm Gina.

Yes, i'm in a witty arsed mood. :rant:

Typical council then. As usual.

No, you can't park your car half on the path half on road. You'll get a ticket. Ok, park it on the road and one of their hugeee lorrys comes and bumps it.

I guess the answer then is to park somewhere sensibly, responsibly, legally and with respect for service vehicles ;)

I guess the answer then is to park somewhere sensibly, responsibly, legally and with respect for service vehicles ;)

Well that was my point. Basically move the car. But people jump on you like you're some lunatic trying to defend the council. Me? Defend council? NO! :loopy:

It always amazes me when driving around some of the city's narrower roads how many cars there are parked in locations that would clearly block (if not severely delay) any service vehicle. Be it refuse or emergency services. IMO, the parking wardens (or whatever title they have) should be looking at ticketing/towing vehicles that cause an obstruction. I've never heard/seen of anyone receiving a penalty for this.