60s Mods on scooters

hi , any body out there rember being part of the sheffield mod scene in the 60 s we used to meet every night on our scooters at the queens road ice rink, then travel en mass for a coffee at the leprechaun coffee bar ( broomhill ) sometimes on to rickshaw chinese on devonshire st for a trendy russian tea.

heady stuff .

When I was a lot younger there were two mods living in the flat above us, they both had scooters and wore the green parka's. One of them Paul was very tall and he once sat my older brother on his shoulders and then put the parka on, strolling out of the driveway he stood on the pavement and two little old dears coming up the road suddenly changed direction and headed back downhill. I can still remember the telling off my brother got for that 'little' joke.

Many years later working at Northern Soul all nighters which the mods of the late 70's frequented the best thing about them were the girls, Mods did seem to get a lot of pretty females in tow.

i remember the mods in the ice rink/bowling alley i was a rocker and half a dozen of you lot tried to jump me out side,what they didnt realise was there was a few bikers in the car park.

they soon lost the plot when they turned up

hi depoix

sorry about that but we had to attack in numbers as we wern`t

fast enough to get away on our hair driers'

There are a few Mods on here that could do with getting on a scooter ;)

Originally posted by holberry

hi depoix

sorry about that but we had to attack in numbers as we wern`t

fast enough to get away on our hair driers'

ha ha ha ,how true,and didnt they fall over easily when they were all parked in a line ,cheers.....

Originally posted by Lindseyw

There are a few Mods on here that could do with getting on a scooter ;)

your gonna get banned young lady if your not careful now say your sorry to the moderators at once:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

seriously though you wern,t all bad your ( bikes ) were usually kept in good order and i think your girls were a little more,shall i say delicate and girly than ours,just could not stand the terrible whine of the triang scooters and parkas,all the best......

Originally posted by kirky

your gonna get banned young lady if your not careful now say your sorry to the moderators at once:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Shant !! :P

although i loved the mod scene the urge for more power overtook me and i finished up a cross between mod and rocker

probably a mocker ! i still wore my parka and union jack helmet

but rode around on a 500 cc triumph with ape hanger bars after that it was bikes bikes bikes

Originally posted by kirky

The thing is Kirky, the Mods on here generally do have a sense of humour, not bitter like you, so here ...

.....get ready for my ninja iron fist bitch slapping.....

Both my elder brothers were mods & had Lambrettas with mirrors all over the front & my eldest brother had a leather union jack seat which cost him £5.I was only 9 yrs old but I remember them both being on our front on Foster Road Heeley.