Sign in to follow this  

Parson cross hotel

has anyone ever been for a drink in this pub ? whats it like ?

I have, but it was about 11 years ago. I went for a game of pool and it was a Saturday afternoon and there was hardly anyone in. The football was on the TV and we had the place to ourselves. My initial thoughts is that it was nowhere near as bad as I had heard.

I worked there for 18 months and never had any trouble (barring the usual NYE punch ups but thats about it)

My mate was the landlord for a while but moved on. No idea who has it now or whether its gone downhill or not.

I used to go in reguarly :D (was one of the very few places that sold Steam lager)

It was my local for 20 yrs and knew the old landlords very well it has in recent times had a few landlords the last one or the owner was called virnon who is a good man.

And I have had some great times in that pub but it looks like it is going down hill which is a shame,most of the old customers now go in the wordsworth tavern and colley club.

Its a shame though Roy as it used to be packed out during the summer, inside and out..

I loved the place when I worked there, under 3 diff landlords/landladys

Yes Deejay your right it used to be a great atmosphere in that place,I remember when it had 2 sides the tap room and the lounge and the landlord was called chris nichiolls and his wife rita.

Many a time I got into bother in there especially being a blade in a blue and white area syill we had a good laugh.

Do you think it will ever be the same again I dont as a lot of deerlands ave is being pulled down and this will lose even more punters.

We ought to have a save the cross pub campaign??

I have even thought of hireing the upstairs room for a bnp meeting, at least it will get people in and help the takings.

Sadly it will never be the same again, Buchanan is already being demolished etc, as is some of Wordsworth Ave and Deerlands.

I used to work there when Liesl & Scott, Adie, and more recently Mick were the landlords..

Oh well, I shall never forget the memories ;)

I spent many a happy Friday afternoon in there playing pool and drinking beer! It certainly beat double Chemistry where I was supposed to be :)

The Wednesday night disco used to get a bit lively back in the early '80's - am I really that old :)

The whole area has gone to the dogs - pity really I loved growing up there -