Opinions on private security patrols

would you use the private security  

31 members have voted

1. 1. would you use the private security

• yes
    • no
    • maybe

was a very interesting programme the panorama one watched it shop at my local ada where see the feba custodia gaurd whose company was in the lime light

another point- if streetbounce?? (or whatever your going to call them) are on duty outside your house and your car DOES get vandalised? are they liable?

been to spain many many times - cities, inland and coast - never ever felt UNsafe as i walk home.......

:P

Well there you go that just goes to show the private security is working then doesn't it:)

We've suffered from anti-social yob behaviour in the past, and I think that its a really good idea, insofar as a deterrant. Ie the yobs move on elsewhere, where their antics are not tackled. Eventually, as a result, more people might be willing to get involved in stopping anti-social behaviour, instead of the usual, "I'm alright mate".

Unfortunately, you seem to have to be affected by this kind of disruption before you're willing to get involved, in my experience. Although I'd subscribe, would any unaffected neighbouring communities?

CCTV cannot point into private residences by law, so I'm not sure why the previous postee was so worried about his/her privacy. What's to worry about if you're a law-following citizen and a CCTV is taking video of potential street incidents?

We've suffered from anti-social yob behaviour in the past, and I think that its a really good idea, insofar as a deterrant. Ie the yobs move on elsewhere, where their antics are not tackled. Eventually, as a result, more people might be willing to get involved in stopping anti-social behaviour, instead of the usual, "I'm alright mate".

Unfortunately, you seem to have to be affected by this kind of disruption before you're willing to get involved, in my experience. Although I'd subscribe, would any neighbouring communities?

CCTV cannot point into private residences by law, so I'm not sure why the previous postee was so worried about his/her privacy. What's to worry about if you're a law-following citizen and a CCTV is taking video of potential street incidents?

sorry for the duplication, my network is running very slow!

like i'v already stated our personel are there as a deterrent not a viglanty group therefore why would anything out of order arise
i would be quite happy to pay i worked as a safety warden for a time and we were quite successful in the areas we patrolled , unfortunately it does seem to move the anti social behavior on to somewhere else that isnt patrolled