Can Pets Names Be Classed As Racist?

I had a cat called 'Trex'. She was originally called 'Cooking Fat' but my wife didn't want to go outside at night and call her.

I just called my idiot cat in, and like cats, he stood in the doorway half in and half out so I lost my patience and said `Get in here you gormless black git.`

I was immediately rounded on by my other half who asked me what I thought I was doing. She said that if someone with dark skin heared me say that, then itd hurt their feelings.

I told her not to be so daft, she knows that Im far from being a racist (I hate all people equally) but she said that if my neighbour, who is half Jamaican was to hear me, he`d be very hurt.

That got me thinking....

I knew a bloke in Sheffield who had a dog called Blackie, he had an Asian neighbour and never had any trouble and I mentioned this to the other half and she said that he was bloody lucky not to have been sued for racial abuse.

I informed her that she is insane and she SWEARS that calling an animal something like Blackie, or ****** or Jock could be classed as racist.

So, I leave it to the bunny rabbits of Sheffield forum to settle this argument once and for all.

Am I wrong? Am I a racist SWINE for calling my cat a gormless black git? ( He IS gormless, black, and co incidentally, a git.) or am I right? Is my other half an over sensitive, long haired totty with the brains of an inflatable lady?

I got half way through and just wanted to say...<REMOVED>! get on with it. :hihi:

Edited by esme
not family friendly

Who cares??....

Me.

I though there were resonances of the Midsomer Murders controversy. The thing with rural people is that they're not racist, they don't like any outsiders!

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:Jabbers - we've missed thee on here

I had a pet tatter called Paddy.

Caused no end of trouble, did that.

My Irish mate called his labrador Wilson because Harold called his Paddy.

My Irish mate called his labrador Wilson because Harold called his Paddy.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:Jabbers - we've missed thee on here

You can get post dated treatment for your affliction,but some threads are worth reading again.

You can get post dated treatment for your affliction,but some threads are worth reading again.

:huh::huh: