Getting hold of manure megathread!

I'm sure they wouldn't mind, they have to pay to dispose of the stuff these days. If it you don't want to do that, you can buy 4 bags of rotted manure for the garden centre for £10 (well you can at the one on Manchester Road - Valleyside). Doesn't go that far though and is a lot more expensive than either getting it yourself or having it delivered, but you can use it straight away without having to wait for it to rot down.

Thankls robd1, no if i saw them i'd have tried that strategy! What i've seen is trails of sh*te, the remains of where it's been dumped at the bottom end, then scattered bits where its been wheelbarrowed away- but the trail peters out before it gets to a plot- or i'd be camping out, leaving notes, etc.

Now, when i ask, everyone denies all knowledge.

I need a trailer load delivering- Other Half wont allow us to load up the car, and a few bags wont go far enough. Any clues? Numbers, names, etc.

Just look at the cover page to this forum- this topic has had 5 times more 'viewings' than any other topic. Everyone wants to know how to get the Sh*te but no-one is telling.

Just an observation that seeing as the two threads on manure here have between them over 500 viewings, it is obvious that getting holds of vast tracts of horse plop is the most eagerly anticipated topic on here, so it is no wonder the Manure Mafia are desperately protecting their supplies. Come on, share it round.

Just an observation that seeing as the two threads on manure here have between them over 500 viewings, it is obvious that getting holds of vast tracts of horse plop is the most eagerly anticipated topic on here, so it is no wonder the Manure Mafia are desperately protecting their supplies. Come on, share it round.

As I said we got our from Rivelin Valley, specifically Coppice House Farm, but there are other farms down there. Give some of them a ring.

Hey Craig, why don't you do some research for yourself. It isn't difficult to ring round a few farms/stables etc and it is probably the best way to get a good deal.

Also why don't you call it manure, we are all adults here...

Thank you for your valuable contribution. It's helped a lot.

I have rung round and asked round and not had any joy, which is why i was trying to get word of mouth info via this forum- if you dont have any information, fair enough.

Thank you Robd for the farm name, i'll try them. The problem i had before was finding places which will deliver to north sheffield.

I am posting this on behalf of purlgirl who is having problems posting at the moment!

Anyone wanting manure delivered please call 07726 201 990

I am posting this on behalf of purlgirl who is having problems posting at the moment!

Anyone wanting manure delivered please call 07726 201 990

I always knew there smelt something funny about you JillM :suspect::gag::D

I have loads of vegetable waste which could be used for building a compost heap rather than lining my rubbish bin as it does at the moment. You'll have to collect. PM for contact details.

Does anyone know where I can get hold of manure and straw for our alotment?

Im hoping to get a few beds cleared then covered in the next few weeks, I can collect stuff but not sure where to start.

I believe the farm at Graves park let you help yourself to their manure - my lottie neighbour has an occasional trip, but I've not made it myself yet.

YOU CAN BUY MANURE FROM HEELEY CITY FARM AND THEY HAD LOADS OF STRAW PILLED UP LAST WEEK. NORTON NURSERIES, AT THE BACK OF GRAVES PARK HAD A HUGE PILE OF MANURE, BUT I HAVENT MANAGED TO FIND OUT HOW TO GET MY HANDS ON IT. yOU ARE MY INCENTIVE TO GO UP AND ENQUIRE, iLL LET YOU KNOW AS SOON AS I FIND OUT. OTHERWISE ITS RIDING STABLES OR FARMS, BUT WATCH OUT IF YOUR ORGANIC, SOME ANIMALS R GIVEN CHEMICALS IN THEIR FEED.