Getting hold of manure megathread!

also picked up this notice at our allotment shop.

Tractor load of manure delivered:

£25 weekday

£30 weekends

0114 262 0172

no idea what quality it is though or what animal come to that

or which end of sheffield your allotments are?*

Someone must know more about manure than they're letting on. There's a huge demand for it, and a huge supply of it, why's it a big secret. I've SEEN piles of it where its been delivered to our allotments (grimesthorpe). But NO-ONE knows where to get any.

Come on spill the, ahem, beans.

Edit * posibly meersbrook judging from your signature thingyon the lefthandside!

Thanks rob. But people must have definite proven sources that they are holding back on.

come on folks, we need details- names numbvers, locations. All this mysterious 'try a few stables' and 'see if you can find a man who owns a few horses' is very well and good but we need a trailer load of hoarrrrse sheeeeee-ite so tell us what you know folks.

I;m in burngreave we are short on farms stables and such forth up here. Help.

I think it depends on where you are in the city. Round our allotments (Hagg House), people use the stables up the road and the local farms down in Rivelin Valley. The allotments in Hangingwater Lane (I think) get their's from the Apalca Farm at Ringinglow. Meersbrook sometimes get theirs from Graves Park, etc.

If you've seen piles of the stuff being delivered to your site just ask who ever is delivering it for a delivery yourself or ask the poeple who have just had it delivered where they got it from.

Thanks all. For the record, I don't have an allotment, just a good sized garden where I have been fortunate enough to cordon off an area for veg growing (away from the havoc my kids cause to the lawn, er, patchy, muddy area!!).

Also, I'm in the S35 area - Oughtibridge to be precise.

Don't know why, but I feel sort of uncomfortable going up to a stables and asking 'Can I have a bag of your sh*t, please'