How to get rid of mice...HELP!

Hi...

what is the best (fastest) way to get rid of mice...

has anyone had any experience with those repeller things that you plug in that emits supersonic sound or something... do they work?

anyone who knows anything about this and would be willing to share best practises would be greatly appreciated!!

cheers

1. Ring the Council's Pest Control Service (though there is a charge) (0114) 203 7410.

2. You could buy an humane mouse trap http://www.pestcontrolshop.co.uk/acatalog/mice.html

3. You could try the old tested method of mouse traps (not humane, but they DO work), though don't use cheese or chocolate, they don't stick very well to the trap. Use instead some icing sugar, mix it up and let it set on the trap (sorry animal lovers - I am one myself, but these can be pesky little creatures!)

4. Use bait, which you should be able to get from any store (Wilkinsons?)

Be prepared though if you put bait down though that you don't have pets that they can't access this. And if you do use this, or number 2 or 3 method above to wait a few days for any results. Mice don't like new things in their surroundings, so it will take a few days for them to get used to to anything else being around before they'll go near it.

Hi...

has anyone had any experience with those repeller things that you plug in that emits supersonic sound or something... do they work?

anyone who knows anything about this and would be willing to share best practises would be greatly appreciated!!

cheers

The ultimate mouse remover sorry is a cat it works every time

been done before

I have recently had mice & i have used mouse traps & humane mouse traps & sorry to say poison and its taken me almost 5 months to hopefully get rid of them all.

Oh i do have a cat too but she was more interested it just watching them wonder about than catching them lol but she is 14yrs old.

I did contact pest control about this & i would have to pay £55 for them to come out.

I think i got mine due to the house next door having them & the old guy that lives there wasn't that bothered he had got them this is a council property so i got on to the housing & council & they have done NOTHING!! his front & back garden are severely overgrown too which will make this worse where mice are concerned.

GOOD LUCK!! FORDSTAR

I have recently had mice & i have used mouse traps & humane mouse traps & sorry to say poison and its taken me almost 5 months to hopefully get rid of them all.

Oh i do have a cat too but she was more interested it just watching them wonder about than catching them lol but she is 14yrs old.

I did contact pest control about this & i would have to pay £55 for them to come out.

I think i got mine due to the house next door having them & the old guy that lives there wasn't that bothered he had got them this is a council property so i got on to the housing & council & they have done NOTHING!! his front & back garden are severely overgrown too which will make this worse where mice are concerned.

GOOD LUCK!! FORDSTAR

Unfortunately Beanz the Council will only come out free of charge for Rats or Cockroaches (or that used to be the case) so if he's not willing to pay for it then they can't do anything. Unless of course his overgrown garden is filled with litter, thereby attracting them. You may have a case for Environmental Health with regards the rubbish?

There has been a thread on this as I'm sure I posted something.

I've used the humane traps which worked but if you've seen or heard evidence of one mouse then you've probably got quite a few. Although I didn't like having to do it I put poison down eventually and luckily didn't have any decaying bodies under the units.

Hi...

cheers

we had one of those in our last flat as we had a horrendous rodent problem- it does keep them at bay but you will probably need one for each room, and as soon as you turn them off the meeces will be right back in

Hi...

cheers

We had mice problems for years as we are surrounded by fields,2 years ago my neighbour sent for 2 electronic plug in things for me from a shopping channel and we haven't seen any evidence of mice since,it works on spiders and flies as well- I never see them either.

Hi...

cheers

I live next to woods and kept getting mice. So I gave up on the poison and traps and bought some of the electronic things. They work a treat; I have not seen a mouse in the house since.

Nice thing is you don't have little pots of poison around and you don't have to deal with traps.

I have never in my life known anything like it. It is only recently I have seen rats and mice openly roaming the streets. They seem to be a lot bolder than they were in the past. I saw a couple of rats out the back and they looked at me as if I was tresspassing on their land. Cheeky whatsits! There was a time when they would have run away long before you got there and you would not have seen them.

We had mice problems for years as we are surrounded by fields,2 years ago my neighbour sent for 2 electronic plug in things for me from a shopping channel and we haven't seen any evidence of mice since,it works on spiders and flies as well- I never see them either.

I would love one if gets rid of spiders unfortunately I dont think my daughters pet rats or mouse would appreciate it:hihi:

So it looks like I am stuck with the spiders:suspect:

We had mice coming in a couple of winters ago - spent a fair few quid on the 'humane' devices but they didn't work at all. Ended up with the traditional traps. They worked to a point but the mice soon learn to leave them alone. If you're getting the 'field mice' variety in they are often too light to even trigger the device.

We ended up buying poison - I know, it's a real awful way of stopping them but you really have to do what it takes to get rid of them.

We were successful but it was a long process.